Christmas Honeymoon

Molly put on some music so Fred and I could have our first dance as a married couple, while everyone started helping themselves to her delicious cooking.
„Let's go get wasted," I whispered to Fred as we waltzed.
„See, this... This is why I married you," he planted a kiss on my lips and we went to get some Firewhiskey from the kitchen. „By the way, did Charlie tell you that he likes boys?" he asked while grabbing a bottle from the counter. „He told us all yesterd—"
„Na-ah!" said Molly and took the bottle away from us. „You gotta eat first, I don't want you puking all over the house. Here," she handed us two plates of lasagna.
„Awww, you cooked my favourite! Thanks, Molly!" I said and led Fred to the sitting room, so we could join the rest.
„A toast!" shouted Arthur excitedly. I think he had too much Firewhiskey. „To Fred and Arcadia!"
„To Fred and Arcadia!" repeated the rest. I looked at Fred and kissed him on the nose.
„To us, baby," I said quietly.
„To us," he replied.

After a few servings of lasagna, some dancing and a lot of Firewhiskey, everyone started to head home.
„Congrats, Pancake," said Dora and kissed me on the forehead.
„Thanks, Dora. Thanks, Remus for coming! Be safe!" I said and watched them leave.
„We're going home as well," said Bill. He shook Fred's hand while Fleur hugged me and then they disappeared the same way Dora and Remus had.
„Well, I guess you'll be moving into Percy's room now, eh Freddie?" asked George. „Don't worry, I just came back from putting an Imperturbable Charm on it," he whispered in my ear and winked.
„George!" I replied pretending to be outraged by his insinuation.
„Guys, I'm going to bed," said Ginny as she left the sitting room. „Love you and congrats." I could hear her walking up the stairs. At that moment, Arthur and Molly entered the room.
„Is she going back to Hogwarts, Arthur?" I asked.
„Yes, it's more dangerous if she stays. They'll come looking for her," he answered.
„You know Luna was taken from the train, don't you?" asked Molly.
„What?!" asked the twins and I in unison.
„Yes, apparently because of her dad's magazine, the Quibbler. He had been writing a lot of articles supporting Harry and they took her," said Molly.
„Poor Luna... I hope she's okay..." said Fred.
„Well... I'm off to bed," said George.
„Sa — Sa — Same," said Charlie yawning.
„Us too," said Molly and she and Arthur followed George and Charlie out of the living room. Now it was just me and Fred.
„I did know about Charlie, by the way."
„Really, how?" Fred asked.
„He told me that time we all went together to the Quidditch World Cup but I promised to keep it a secret," I explained.
„I was surprised at first, you know? Not because of him liking boys, but because of him liking people! I always got the feeling he liked dragons better than us," he said and laughed.
„I thought the same thing! But he's been dating the same guy for over three years!"
„I'm dying to meet the guy that made Charlie take his eyes off of dragons! Mum and Dad as well!"
„What did your parents say?" I asked Fred.
„That they love every single one of us just the way we are, and that he's not going to be the exception."
„That's very sweet," I replied.
I looked out the window and started thinking about Fred and me again. Husband and wife, 20 and 19 years old respectively. I was sitting on his lap, staring at the beautiful night sky and the stars.
„Everything's going to get worse," I said to Fred.
„That's the spirit, wifey," he joked.
„No, silly. I mean, a war is coming... Soon... I can feel it. Everyone's worried. Especially Remus now that Dora's pregnant. He's scared for the baby. He almost ran out on her but came back..."
„As long as we've got each other, we'll be okay. You're my safe place, Kay," Fred replied. He was looking me in the eyes, I stared back.
„You're mine..." I said and kissed him. „Come on, let's consummate the shit out of this marriage."
„Oh, dear, how romantic you are," he said mockingly and we ran up the stairs to Percy's old room.

I woke up the next morning not knowing where I was. I opened my eyes and didn't recognize the room. It took me a moment for it to sink in. I looked to my right side. Next to me was Fred sound asleep. „Oops... We're naked. Oh, he proposed yesterday. And we got married. I'm married. To him. Yes. I remember now." I shook my head as to wake myself up, then I got up, grabbed some clothes from the drawer and went down to the kitchen.
„Good morning, Mrs.," said Molly.
„Morning, Moll — Molly," I said yawning.
„Still not a morning person, eh?" Arthur asked hidden behind his copy of the Daily Prophet.
„Nope," I answered.
„Well, happy Christmas, dear," said Molly handing me a cup of freshly brewed tea.
„Oh right, happy Christmas to you both," I said as I took my usual seat at the table. I heard steps and Ginny, George and Charlie entered the kitchen.
„Good, you're awake! Happy Christmas!", said Ginny as she hugged me and then sat down.
„Happy Christmas, sis," said George and sat down to my left.
„Happy Christmas, guys," I answered in a very sleepy voice „What time is it?"
„Happy Christmas," said Charlie as he took a seat next to Ginny.
„Almost nine," George answered. „Is Fred still sleeping?"
„Yes. Oh thanks, Molly," I said as Molly put a plate of pancakes in front of me. „Do you have syrup?"
„You probably went to bed really late, didn't you?" asked George and winked.
„George, don't be disgusting. I can read your mind," I replied, pouring syrup on my pancakes.
„Morning, people", said a sleepy voice. It was Fred, he had just entered the kitchen. „Aha! There's my wife!" He walked to me, kissed me on the lips and took the seat to my right.
„Hi, husband," I answered. „Look, your mum made pancakes!"
„Yes, Pancake, she did," said George mockingly.
„Don't call me that, Georgiekins," I said smiling and rolling my eyes at him.
„There's another abstract of Skeeter's book today," said Arthur from behind his paper.
„What horrible thing does it say today?" Charlie asked. Rita Skeeter had written a book about Dumbledore. She said lots of horrible things about him in the book, that she claims Bathilda Bagshot had told her.
„I heard Muriel tell Harry during Bill's wedding that Bathilda is old and kind of loopy... I can't believe people are actually buying that crap," I added.
„It's about his sister Ariana's death," Arthur answered.
„Don't read it out loud, please. I can't stand that Skeeter woman and I won't listen to anything she has to say," said Molly as she sat down in front of me and put a plate of bacon on the table.
„Anyway, dears. Your presents are under the tree in the sitting room. We'll open them after breakfast. I see Ginny, Charlie and George already open theirs," said Molly looking at her children, who were wearing the hand-knitted sweaters she made for them.
„Molly, you didn't have to. I mean, after yesterday... The rings and everything... That was so much more than enou—" I replied.
„Nonsense, Kay!" said Arthur. „We always give presents, it's a Weasley rule."
„Well, then... I mean, I got each of you something! I just didn't expect anything," I said and laughed.

I had bought Ginny some beautiful earrings made out of white gold. For Charlie, I got a book about dragons in Asia. I gave Arthur a book about Muggle cars and for Molly I got a mug with her name on it.
„I enchanted it so it changes colours! You know, to match the apron Dora and I got you," I explained.
„Oh, dear! I love it," she replied and handed me a parcel. It was another of her sweaters. This time it was blue with the letters A&F in a golden tone on it, Fred got one identical to mine.
„These are amazing, Mum, thanks!" said Fred and hugged her. We put them on immediately.
Fred and I got George a scarf and beanie to match his favourite winter jacket, and I got Fred a really nice quill made out of white gold, engraved with his initials.
„So you can write to me if we're ever apart", I told him.
„I love you so much!" Fred said and kissed my lips.
„Thanks for the candy, Gin. These are my favourites! And George, I'm sure Sirius is gonna love this little bed you got him, thank you." Sirius was my Pygmy Puff, which Fred had gifted me. He had become best friends with Ginny's, Arnold.
We spent the rest of Christmas day sitting in front of the fire, drinking hot cocoa and watching Sirius and Arnold play. At some point in the afternoon, Nox arrived with a box of my grandma's famous cookies and jars of jam, and a letter from my family.

Dear Pancake,
Congratulations! We heard from
Marshmallow this morning.
Be safe.
Love,
A, T, H & S

„Who's A, T, H and S," asked Fred.
„Andromeda, Ted, Harold and Sally", I replied. „Our family." I gave Nox a little treat. I sent her back with a little note that read ‚Thank you, love you. -P & F'.
„I'm so glad your family's safe, wherever they are," said Arthur putting a hand on my shoulder as I watched Nox fly away.
„Me, too. I can't wait to see them again," I answered.