The First Wedding

It seemed my talk with Remus had been successful because a week after Dumbledore's death he proposed to Dora. He was popping the question right when I arrived home.
„Yes! I'll marry you!" said Dora. He got up and she put her hands around his neck and kissed him.
„WHAT?" I exclaimed.
„Pancake! We're getting married! Come here!" she pulled me into their embrace.
„I'm so happy for you, guys!"
„It's all thanks to you, Arcadia. If you hadn't talked to me..." Remus started.
„Don't be silly, Remus! We're gonna be a family," I said.
„I'll send a Patronus to Mum and Dad right away. We should get married at my grandparents' house. We don't want to risk them coming out of hiding," said Dora.
The wedding took place two weeks after Remus had proposed, in my grandparents' backyard. I was asked to be Maid of Honour and Fred was Best Man to Remus. They let me invite him only because he was my boyfriend. Other than that, it was just us, the Tonks family. Dora looked beautiful in our Mum's wedding dress, her shoulder-length hair was now a light shade of lilac and she was wearing a pearl necklace my grandma had lent her. My grandpa officiated the ceremony since he had become ordained to do my parents' wedding. My mum and my grandma walked Remus down the aisle, followed by Fred and me, then Dad and Dora.
„You look beautiful today," Fred whispered in my ear, as we walked. I was wearing a short silver dress with an open back and rose-gold heels that matched my hair colour.
„Thanks, babe. You don't look so bad yourself," I answered.
The moment Remus saw Dora, he put on the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. Mum, Grandma and I cried of course. After the ceremony, we sat down and had an amazing dinner cooked by Mum and Grandma.
„Guys, there's something I have to say," I began. Everyone took their eyes off their plates to look at me. „First of all... Dora, you're the most beautiful bride on earth, I love you and Remus, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Merlin knows you deserve it," Dora mouthed a'Thank you' and looked at her husband, who was sitting next to her, and kissed him. „Second of all, I don't mean to steal your thunder, Dora. I know today's your day, but I had been scared to say this before..."
„What is it, Pancake?" asked my dad.
I looked at Fred, who took my hand in his, and I spoke. „I — er — I'm moving in with Fred... I believe Dora and Remus should keep living at our parents' house, but they deserve to have some privacy. And Fred's place is closer to the Auror office anyway and I — " My dad broke me off.
„Pancake, we're happy if you're happy. Your mum and I know that Fred here is a great man, we know about the promise ring he gave you, Dora told us — "
„Sorry, Pancake, I let it slip," said Dora and I rolled my eyes at her, smiling.
„Anyway, as your father was saying," said my mum. „We are really happy about your relationship with Fred and we wish you two the best."
„Thanks, Mum!"
„Thanks, Mrs. Tonks," said Fred. „I promise I'll take care of her."
„Oh please, Fred, call me Andromeda. You too, Remus," my mum answered.
„I think it's very nice of you to give your sister and your new brother-in-law some privacy, Pancake," said my dad. „But Fred, I think she'll be the one keeping you safe since she's the Auror," he joked and we all laughed.
„I have always liked you, dear," Grandma said to Fred. „But to be honest, you could be George right now and I wouldn't know." I let out a snort and Dora almost choked on her wine.
„Nice one, Grandma," I answered between laughs.
„When are you leaving?, asked Dad.
„Today, Mr. Tonks, if that's okay with you. We'll just swing by the old house to pick up Kay's stuff on the way to my place," Fred answered.
„Great, Fred. And call me Ted. You and Remus are now my sons, my family. There's no need to call me Mr."
„Thanks, Ted," said Remus.

I knew it was time for Fred and I to leave the moment Dora and Dad got so drunk, that they started singing Celestina Warbeck songs. We excused ourselves and started walking to the end of the magical barrier of protective enchantments we had placed upon my grandparents' house. We Disapparated and Apparated in front of my parents' house, for which Dora was the Secret Keeper. She had told Fred the location before she had started drinking too much wine. As we entered the empty house, I remembered why I had never referred to it as ‚our' house or ‚my' house. It was cold and not even half as beautiful as my grandparents'. I had never really felt at home there. Fred grabbed my already-packed trunk and I grabbed Nox's cage after setting her free and telling her to meet me at the shop. I took Fred's hand and we Disapparated again.
„Welcome home, babe", Fred said as he opened the door to his and George's shop.
„Back already?" asked a voice coming from upstairs.
„Hi, Georgie," said Fred.
„Hi," I said and hugged George, while Fred took my things to his room. „Yeah, we left as soon as Dora and Dad started singing. That has always been my cue to leave family events."
„Fair enough, mine was Percy's arrival," he replied and I laughed.
„What's so funny?" asked Fred after he came back into the living room.
„Percy's existence," George replied.
„That's depressing," Fred answered.
„Well, guys. I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna go to the kitchen to make some tea. Do you want some?" I asked as I left the room.
„Sure!" answered the twins in unison.
I came back with three mugs of decaf black tea since it was already too late to drink caffeine. And handed the twins theirs.
„Does Mum know you're gonna live here?" George asked, sipping his tea.
„No, I haven't told her about it. But I don't think she'll mind, she loves Kay," Fred answered.
„That's because I'm the best!" I said. „Anyway, Georgie, how's Ang?"
„She's good! She got like really into Quidditch after being Captain of the team and decided to join the Ministry's Magical Games Department or whatever it's called. The one where Ludo worked."
„That's amazing! I hope she does well. Have you been seeing her often?" I asked.
„Yes, she drops by during her lunch hour and we eat together. She misses you. Maybe next time she drops by you'll get to see her." And thankfully I did get to see her.
„I hope so!" I said and turned to Fred. „Have you heard from Lee and Alicia?"
„Yep, he was here two days ago. They're still together. Sometimes he drops by and helps with the shop. But do you remember that time Harry rode the Firebolt the first time on the pitch and he was only talking about it during the commentary?" he asked.
„How could I forget? 'JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS?' It was one of McGonagall's most iconic moments," George answered.
„Well, he got a job working in publicity for... dramatic pause... YES! The company that makes Firebolts," Fred said.
George had just taken a sip of tea but he spit it. „Noooo wayyyy," he said.
„McGonagall's gonna be very pleased," I replied, laughing at George and almost spilling my tea. If this, drinking tea and having fun with the love of my life and my best friend, was what life was going to be like from now on, I would declare myself the happiest human being on Earth.