Teddy Lupin

It was a few days before the beginning of May when I got notice that Dora had finally given birth to a beautiful baby boy. I was sitting on the couch in the living room of The Burrow with Fred when a silvery figure entered the house. „It's a boy! His name is Teddy! Well, actually, Edward Remus Lupin. But it's a boy!" spoke Remus's voice.
„MERLIN'S UNDERPANTS!" I shouted.
„Congratulations, Auntie Kay," said Fred as he hugged me and we started jumping and dancing around the sitting room.
„What's going on?" said a worried voice. Molly had come running into the sitting room.
„I'M AN AUNT!!" I kept shouting and dancing.
„Tonks's given birth, Mum!" he said.
„Oh, dear! That's wonderful! Congratulations!" she said and hugged me.
„Thanks, Molly!"
„What's wonderful?" asked Arthur, who was now standing at the door.
„Arthur, Tonks had the baby!" said Molly.
„Oh, my! That's amazing news!" said Arthur and went over to hug me and congratulate me.
„What's all the fuzz about?" asked George, who had just entered the living room. „I was trying to take a nap!"
„Dorajustgavebirth!" I shouted and kept jumping and dancing. I was feeling so much joy.
„What?" George asked.
„Tonks had the baby!" Fred explained. „It's a boy. His name's Edward Remus Lupin a.k.a. Teddy."
„That's great, Kay! Congrats!" said George. „Now, if you don't mind, I'll go back to bed and try to take a nap." He disappeared behind the door and I could hear him walking up the stairs.
„I'm going to send a Patronus to Mum and Dad, maybe we could visit tomorrow. I know they're all still at my grandparents'" I said to Fred and cast the spell. A bearlike silver dog came out of my wand and went through the walls. A while later, I got a response from Mum saying Fred and I could come over for lunch the next day and meet Teddy.
„I'm so excited!" I shouted again.
„Mum, do you have some Calming Draught?" asked Fred. I ignored him. My nephew and godson had just been born. I would be able to meet him and see my family again. Well, now it was Fred's family as well.

Fred and I Apparated at my grandparents' house around 11 o'clock on the next day carrying presents for Teddy. My dad received us and led us to the living room, where Dora, Remus and my grandpa were.
„Just one day old and he's already got three Weasley jumpers!" said Fred shaking Remus's, my dad's and then my grandpa's hand. Then he congratulated Dora and went to hug my mum and my grandma, who were in the kitchen.
„I'm so happy for you, Dora! And the Weasleys send their congratulations! Did you tell Charlie already?" I told my sister as I hugged her. Charlie and Dora had been best friends during their time at Hogwarts but didn't get to see each other that often anymore because Charlie had moved to Romania to study dragons.
„Thank you! Yes, I sent him a Patronus as well, he's thrilled!"
„When can we see Teddy?" Fred and I asked.
„Teddy's taking a nap, I'll wake him up in an hour. Let's all catch up first," she answered.
„I made tea," called my Mum as she entered the living room holding a tray. My grandma walked behind her.
„Hi Grandma," I said as she pulled me into a hug. „I've missed you." Then my mum joined and turned it into a group hug.
„We missed you too, Pancake," Mum said.
„And so did we!" said Grandpa as I greeted him and Remus.
„Congratulations, Remus!"
„Thanks, Arcadia!"
„You're a married woman now!" said Grandma. „I remember it as if it were yesterday when you and your friends came over during the summer and we made s'mores!" Her eyes had started to water. „I still can't tell the twins apart!" she said laughing and hugging Fred.
„I'm so sorry you couldn't be there, Mrs. Tonks. It was just too dangerous to get all of you out of here," said Fred. „My parents were not even sure it was a good idea for Tonks and Remus to go, but I knew Tonks would kill me if I didn't invite her. But I brought pictures! My mum made an album for you to keep!" He handed her the album and she, followed by Mum, went to sit down next to Grandpa on the couch in front of the coffee table. My dad and Remus were sitting on the chairs on the right side of the living room, and Fred, Dora and I sat down on the left side.
„Oh, everything looks beautiful, dear!" said Mum. „Fred! You look so handsome! But who's that old lady with an awful look on her face?" Fred started to laugh.
„Thanks, Andromeda. That's my Great-Aunt Muriel. Kay met her during Bill and Fleur's wedding," Fred explained. „Remember what she said to you? Something about you not having eaten in a century and not being able to carry children with so little flesh," Fred added and my Grandma spat her tea.
„I've always said you look underfed, Pancake," she added.
„Anyway, she's just lovely. She also told George his ears are lopsided... The thing is... He only has one ear!" Remus, Dora and I started laughing.
„Oh, Merlin. Please don't remind us of that day, that was horrible!" Remus replied.
„Andromeda, pass the album over here! Remus and I wanna see," said Dad. She passed it on to him and the three men started flipping the pages.
„Gorgeous, dear!" said my dad. He was looking at a picture of Dora and I.
„Thanks, Dad!"
„Nice dress robes, Fred. Very elegant," he added.
„Thanks, Ted, Kay got them for me for my last birthday I think," Fred answered.

„Say hi to little Teddy," Dora's voice called. I hadn't even realized she had left to go get him. „Do you want to hold him? You're his godmother after all."
„Yes, I'd love to!" I carefully took the little bundle of covers in my arms. His eyes were wide open and he looked curious. „Fred, get closer. Hi, Teddy, I'm your Auntie Kay. It's very nice to meet you! This is your Uncle Fred. He's probably going to try to teach you how to blow up a Hogwarts toilet, but don't listen to him."
„Hey!" Fred protested. „If he doesn't learn it from me, he'll learn it from Mr. Moony, am I right?" Dora looked at Remus reprovingly.
„Sorry, dear, it's in my blood. He's going to be a Marauder just like his father," Remus answered. My parents and grandparents looked confused, so Remus and Fred started telling them about the map and all the pranks they used to pull. I, however, couldn't take my eyes off that little human being I was holding. I started changing the colours of my hair, to see if he would react, and he actually started doing it himself.
„Look, Dora!"
„I know! He does that every time I do it! I don't know if he realizes he's doing it, though..."
„I can't wait to have one of these." Fred had sat right next to me and Teddy had his whole hand wrapped around Fred's pinky. „But I want a girl."
„Why a girl?" I asked and directed my eyes to meet his.
„Because I know she'll be just like you, which means I'll have two of you," he answered and pressed his lips against my forehead.

We stayed over for lunch and then some tea and biscuits, taking turns to hold little Teddy and laughing at the endless stories Remus told about The Marauders.
„How's married life treating you, Pancake?" my mum asked. She had probably been wanting to ask me that for a while and seized her chance, as soon as she realized all the men were sitting on the opposite side of the living room, Fred was explaining to little Teddy how to blow up a toilet in a very graphic way.
„Yes, tell us everything," Grandma added.
„Did they question you like this as well?" I asked Dora and she nodded with a grin on her face.
„Sorry, Pancake. I had to go through it, now it's your turn."
„Well... Where do I begin?" I started telling them how amazing and supportive Fred had been during the last horrible months of my Auror training and how I had gone home on Christmas Eve only to a surprise engagement party for me. I explained how he had proposed „And then I realized the sooner we married, the better. Because we didn't know who was going to make it in the end. It's a bit depressing, I know," I added when I saw the look on my grandma's face. „But I just knew it in my heart that that day was the day. And so Fleur, Fred's brother Bill's, wife helped me get ready. And Molly did the sweetest thing. When Fred told her he was going to propose, he took out her parents' wedding rings and had them polished and engraved for us. It was really amazing. And the next day was Christmas, you know how much I love Christmas, so I was just really happy."
„That sounds lovely, Pancake," Grandma said as she held my hand.
„Maybe after all of this is over we can host like wedding party for you both, so that all of the people who weren't there can come as well!" said Mum.
„That's a great idea, Mum! We can introduce Teddy to the outside world!" added Dora.
„I'd love that, but I don't want Fred's Great-Aunt Muriel there," I replied and the three of them laughed.