The Second Wedding

Fred, George and I took our seats in the first row, just in front of Harry, Hermione and Ron. A sense of jittery anticipation had filled the warm tent, the general murmuring broken by occasional spurts of excited laughter. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley strolled up the aisle, smiling and waving at relatives; Molly was wearing a brand new set of amethyst-coloured robes with a matching hat.
A moment later Bill and Charlie stood up at the front of the marquee, both wearing dress robes, with large, white roses in their buttonholes; Fred wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of giggling from the Veela cousins. Then the crowd fell silent as music swelled, from what seemed to be the golden balloons.
„Ooooh!" said Hermione and I, swivelling around in our seats to look at the entrance.
A great collective sigh issued from the assembled witches and wizards as Monsieur Delacour and Fleur came walking up the aisle, Fleur gliding, Monsieur Delacour bouncing and beaming. Fleur was wearing a very simple white dress and seemed to be emitting a strong, silvery glow. While her radiance usually dimmed everyone else, by comparison, today it beautified everybody it fell upon. Ginny and Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, both wearing golden dresses, looked even prettier than usual, and once Fleur had reached him, Bill did not look as though he had ever met Fenrir Greyback.
„Ladies and gentlemen," said a slightly sing-song voice. „We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls..."
„Yes, my tiara sets off the whole thing nicely," said Auntie Muriel in a rather carrying whisper. „But I must say, Ginevra's dress is far too low-cut." I saw Ginny glance around, grinning, and wink at Harry, then quickly face the front again.
„I think something happened between Harry and Ginny yesterday," I whispered to Fred.
„Do you, William Arthur, take Fleur Isabelle..." In the front row, Molly and Madame Delacour were both sobbing quietly into scraps of lace. Trumpet-like sounds from the back of the marquee told everyone that Hagrid had taken out one of his own tablecloth-sized handkerchiefs.
„...then I declare you bonded for life." The tufty-haired wizard raised his wand high over the heads of Bill and Fleur and a shower of silver stars fell upon them, spiralling around their now entwined figures. As Fred and George led a round of applause, the golden balloons overhead burst: birds of paradise and tiny, golden bells flew and floated out of them, adding their songs and chimes to the din.
„Ladies and gentlemen!" called the tufty-haired wizard. „If you would please stand up!"
We all did so, Auntie Muriel grumbling audibly; he waved his wand. The seats on which we had been sitting rose gracefully into the air as the canvas walls of the marquee vanished, so that they stood beneath a canopy supported by golden poles, with a glorious view of the sunlit orchard and surrounding countryside. Next, a pool of molten gold spread from the centre of the tent to form a gleaming dance floor; the hovering chairs grouped themselves around small, white-clothed tables, which all floated gracefully back to earth around it, and the golden-jacketed band trooped towards a podium.
„Smooth," said George approvingly, as the waiters popped up on all sides, some bearing silver trays of pumpkin juice, Butterbeer and Firewhisky, others tottering piles of tarts and sandwiches.
„We should go and congratulate them!" I said to Fred while taking his hand and pulling him towards the newly-weds „Bill! Fleur!" I exclaimed.
„Midget!" said Bill and pulled me into an embrace.
„Don't call her that in front of Muriel, she still hasn't realized how tiny Arcadia actually is. And she's already concerned about her weight," said Fred and shook Bill's hand. „Congrats, bro, Fleur."
„I'm so happy for you, guys," I said as I hugged Fleur. „Tu es magnifique aujourd'hui."
Merci, Kay," Fleur answered. I had just told her she looked beautiful.
„You'll be the next ones, as I understand," said Bill grinning mischievously. I looked over at Fred, whose eyes were wide open.
„KAY! Let's dance," Fred said and rushed me to the dancefloor.

We danced for a very long time and had a lot of fun. We spent some time talking to Remus and Dora, and then to Charlie. „It's really nice to see you, midget! You've grown — ah! Nope, it's just the heels," he had said mockingly.
„Have you seen, George?" asked Fred.
„I think he disappeared with three of Fleur's cousins about an hour a—" I broke off. At that moment, something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest it froze, absurdly, in mid-dance. Then the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.
„The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."
Everything seemed fuzzy, and slow. Fred and I jumped to our feet and drew our wands. Many people were only just realising that something strange had happened; heads were still turning towards the silver cat as it vanished. Silence spread outwards in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed. Then somebody screamed. Guests were sprinting in all directions; many were Disapparating; the protective enchantments around The Burrow had broken.
„You" I pointed to Hermione and she looked at me. „GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled.
„Ron!" I heard Hermione cry as she and Harry pushed their way across the dance floor. „Ron, where are you?"
Cloaked and masked figures appeared in the crowd. I saw Remus and Dora, their wands raised, and heard both of them shout ‚Protego!', a cry that echoed on all sides. One appeared in front of me and Fred, Alecto Carrow... I yelled ‚Stupefy' just in time and sent her flying away.
„They're looking for Harry," I whispered to Fred.

„What do you want?" asked Mr. Weasley when everything had calmed down a bit.
„Potter, where is he?" answered one of the Death Eaters, which I recognized as Amycus Carrow.
„He's not here," said Bill, he was standing in front of Fleur, and behind her were her parents and Gabrielle. Her eyes were red from crying, she was only 11 years old and probably terrified.
„We'll see about that," answered Alecto, pointing her wand at me as she walked into the house.
They searched the house and finally left after they couldn't find Harry. Mr. Weasley and Bill stayed outside putting the protective enchantments back up. Then Bill took Fleur and her shaken-up family to Shell Cottage, the house where they would be living from now on. The Order had been using it as a safe house.
„I think they'll be calmer once we get there. We have enough room," said Bill to Mr. Weasley.
„Fleur, I'm so sorry your wedding was ruined", cried Mrs. Weasley as she bid her new daughter-in-law goodbye.
„Eet'z okay, Molly. Only ze end got ruined. I am 'appy we are all safe!" she answered and soon the five of them were gone.

„Molly, would you like some tea?", I asked Molly, who was now sitting next to her husband at the kitchen table. Fred, George, Charlie and Ginny were sitting there as well. „Anyone?"
„Yes, dear, thank you," Mr. Weasley answered and I started brewing the tea. „Fred, George," he spoke in a very serious tone.
„Yes, Dad?" asked Fred.
„You should move back in here. It's getting too dangerous. Close the shop and come back. You can have your old room back, Charlie will sleep in Ron's and Arcadia will stay in Percy's," he said.
„Yeah... We were kind of already thinking about it, Dad," said George. „We'll go get our stuff tomorrow. What do you reckon will happen to Arcadia's training, Dad?"
„I think there will certainly be a change of curriculum," Mr. Weasley answered. „But you know your duty, Kay." I nodded as I handed each of them a cup of tea and took my seat next to Fred.
„What do you mean by that? She will certainly not be going back," Fred protested.
„She has too!" said Mr. Weasley. „I have to keep going back to work. Bill and Fleur as well. We have to pretend everything's fine. If we stop going, we'll be targeted." Fred had opened his mouth to reply but I didn't give him the chance.
„Fred, it's fine. I'm a big girl. And I have to keep finding out important information for the Order. Now more than ever," I answered. He didn't seem happy with my answer, but he didn't protest anymore.
„Where are Tonks and Remus living now, dear?" asked Molly.
„Well, they had been living at my parents' house up until now. She told me yesterday that they were going to move in with my grandparents and my parents."
„They all live at your grandparents'?" asked Ginny.
„It's a really big and nice house, Gin. You'd love it," said George.
„So", began Mr. Weasley. „Are we clear about what we're doing now?" We nodded. „Bill and Fleur are safe at theirs', Ron's not going back to Hogwarts because he's got spattergroit and —"
„What? Spattergroit?" I asked.
„We've Transfigured the ghoul into resembling Ron with spattergroit, because he won't be going back to Hogwarts," said Charlie.
„Yes, he's on his mission with Harry and Hermione. Now, you three will move back in here tomorrow. Charlie you get Ron's old room," Mr. Weasley said sharply and took a sip of his tea.
„We'll be fine, Molly. Don't say such horrible things," I said turning to Molly.
„But I didn't say anything!" she replied.
„Oops..." I said and everyone started laughing.
„You'll have to get used to it, Mum," said George.
„Yeah, it happens every time she's either too distracted or too focused!" said Fred, putting an arm around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head.
„Annoying, yet brilliant," said Ginny smiling. „I wish I could do that."