Trouble in Paradise

„Molly — Arthur —" said Professor McGonagall, jumping up and hurrying to greet them. „I am so sorry —"
„Arcadia!", Fred yelled and sprinted towards me. I got up and greeted him with an embrace. I sank my face into his chest. „Are you hurt?"
I shook my head. „My heart's hurt, does that count?"
„Bill", whispered Molly, darting past Professor McGonagall as she caught sight of Bill's mangled face.
„You said Greyback attacked him?" Mr. Weasley asked Professor McGonagall distractedly. „But he hadn't transformed? So what does that mean? What will happen to Bill?"
„We don't yet know," said Professor McGonagall, looking helplessly at Remus.
„There will probably be some contamination, Arthur", said Remus. „It is an odd case, possibly unique... We don't know what his behaviour might be like when he awakens..."
Molly took the nasty-smelling ointment from Madam Pomfrey and began dabbing at Bill's wounds.
„And Dumbledore... " said Mr. Weasley. „Minerva, is it true... Is he really...?"
„Yes," mumbled McGonagall.
„Dumbledore's gone," I whispered.
Molly had eyes only for her eldest son; she began to sob, tears falling onto Bill's mutilated face. „Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks... It's not r-really important... but he was a very handsome little b-boy... always very handsome... and he was g-going to be married!"
„And what do you mean by zat?", said Fleur suddenly and loudly. „What do you mean, ‚'e was going to be married?' "
Molly raised her tear-stained face, looking startled. „Well — only that —"
„You theenk Bill will not weesh to marry me anymore?" demanded Fleur. „You theenk, because of these bites, 'e will not love me?"
„No, that's not what I —"
„Because 'e will!" said Fleur, drawing herself up to her full height and throwing back her long mane of silver hair. „Eet would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!"
„Well, yes, I'm sure," said Molly, „but I thought perhaps — given how — how he —"
„You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps, you 'oped?" said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. „What do I care 'ow 'e looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my 'usband is brave! And I shall do zat!" she added fiercely, pushing Molly aside and snatching the ointment from her. Molly fell back against her husband and watched Fleur mopping up Bill's wounds with a most curious expression on her face. Nobody said anything. Fred was still hugging me from behind, we were both looking at Bill.
„Our Great-Auntie Muriel," said Molly after a long pause, „has a very beautiful tiara — goblin-made — which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair."
„Thank you," said Fleur stiffly. „I am sure zat will be lovely." And then both women were crying and hugging each other.
„You see!" said a strained voice. Dora was glaring at Remus. „She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"
„It's different," said Remus, barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense.
„It's not that different, Remus!" I pulled away from Fred and exclaimed.
„Don't meddle, Arcadia. Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely —" he answered.
„But I don't care either, I don't care!" said Dora, seizing the front of Lupin's robes and shaking them. „I've told you a million times..."
„And I've told you a million times," said Lupin, refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the floor, „that I am too o—"
„Too old? You just turned 37!" I replied angrily.
„I would appreciate it if you didn't read my mind right now. As I was saying, I'm too old for you, too poor... too dangerous... "
„That's BS, Remus!" I demanded. „She loves you and you love her! And you know it!"
„I said stop reading my mind, Arcadia!" Remus bellowed.
„I've said all along you're taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus," said Molly over Fleur's shoulder as she patted her on the back.
„I am not being ridiculous," said Remus steadily. „Tonks deserves somebody young and whole."
„But she wants you," said Mr. Weasley.
„She wants you and you want her!" I added.
„And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so", said Mr. Weasley. He gestured sadly at his son, lying between them.
„This is... not the moment to discuss it," said Remus, „Dumbledore is dead..."
„Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world," said Professor McGonagall curtly, just as the hospital doors opened again and Hagrid walked in.
„I've... I've done it, Professor," he choked. „M-moved him. Professor Sprout's got the kids back in bed. Professor Flitwick's lyin' down, but he says he'll be all righ' in a jiffy, an' Professor Slughorn says the Ministry's bin informed."
„Thank you, Hagrid," said Professor McGonagall.

Remus walked out of the Hospital Wing and I followed him.
„Remus," I said as I put my hand on his shoulder.
„What do you want, Arcadia?"
„Look, I know I'm only 18 years old, almost 19 though, and you're thinking what the fuck do I know about love... But I do. I love Fred and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him. And he loves me! There is no better feeling than loving someone and knowing they love you back. My sister is one of the best people I know. You're lucky she loves you..."
„I know that."
„But she's lucky you love her."
„What? Her? Lucky that I — ?"
„Yes, because you're one of the best people I have ever met, as well! And if being with you is going to make Dora happy, considering everything we've been going through and will go through now that Dumbledore's gone, then I want her to be happy! She deserves it!"
„Fred's one lucky guy, too. You're a really smart girl," Remus said and hugged me.
„Just don't hurt my sister or I'll hex you," I warned jokingly and he laughed.
„Speak of the devil," said Remus pulling away from me. „Hi, Fred. I'll leave you to it."
„Thanks, Remus," he said as Remus entered the Hospital Wing again. „Hi, babe," he said and pulled me into a hug.
We stayed like that for a few minutes. I was listening carefully to his heartbeat, praying for it to never stop.
„Kay?" he said, looking down at my face, sunken in his chest.
„Yes, Fred?" I looked up and our eyes met.
„I don't this is probably a really weird time to ask you this, but why don't you — "
„Move in with you and George?" I asked.
„Stop reading my mind," he laughed. „Yes, you'll be closer to work and I just wanna spend as much time as possible with you and — "
„I would love to! But after Remus's and Dora's wedding," I replied.
„WHAT?! What did he say to you?" he asked in surprise.
„I told him they were lucky to have each other and he agreed!"
„But did he say something about proposing?" Fred asked.
„He didn't have to say it for me to know it," I replied with a mischievous smile on my face.
He chuckled. „That's a violation of his privacy, you know that?" he said. I shrugged my shoulders and he leaned in to kiss me on the lips.