Chapter 3- Voices

Warning! This chapter contains a panic attack and suicidal thoughts! Please read with caution!

(Daniels POV)

David walked me inside the cabin, it's the same as how I remembered it, to beds lining the back of the cabin with dressers at the end of them, there was a desk on the right side of the cabin and opposite to that was a little living room area with two seats and a T.V.

"It's a little small but", he had a weak smile- which was different from his ear to ear grin he always had. "It's a lot cozier than what I'm used to", David shot me a 'is that a good thing?' Look. "It's really nice David", I responded before he could ask it out loud. His smile grew. God, I missed that smile.

"I'm glad you like it", David sat down on one of the beds. "I wonder how the campers will react", he mumbled. "Why don't we ask them?", David gave me a worried and surprised look.
"I- I didn't mean it like that"
"No, no it's fine, I understand...why", I scratched the back of my neck and looked at the ground.

It was silent for a moment, "w-well let's get going then", David sounded kinda...nervous? This is gonna be fun.

We walked outside and over to the docks where all the campers were lying around. Instinct took over and I hid behind David. "David there you are, so are we going swimming or not? Preston needs at least 20 minutes to put on his bathing suit", Gwen didn't seem to notice me awkwardly standing behind David. "Sure, it will give me some time to show our old friend around", David stepped out of the way so Gwen could see me. I stiffened up as Gwen gave me a dirty look.

"And why is he here exactly?", Gwen put her hands on her hips, and some of the campers turned their attention to me. My breathing started to go uneven. " well, he came back to check up on us, but I thought he could help", David said with his unrealistic smile. "Like as a counselor?", and with that everyone's attention was on me.

The campers started to whisper.
"Isn't he the one who tried to kill us?"
"Why the hell is he here?"
"Do you think he tricked David?", I could feel my heart beating faster. No, no, don't listen, you've changed you've-. It was hard to breathe at this point. The voices only got louder.
"You really think you can change?"
"You're a killer"
"You deserve to be six feet under"
Shut up
"Just give up, you'll never change", my legs gave in.
"D-Daniel!?!", David's voice started to fade, my vision got blurry. The voices didn't stop.
"Do you really think he'll ever love you"
"He's scared of you"
"Face it, your unlovable"
"Even he wouldn't love you"
"You should have stayed inline", my vision darken and soon everything went blank.

A/N ok so 1 sorry to say this but the story just gets even sadder after this. And 2 I didn't even plan to put this online so before I started updating it I was just writing in a notebook....which means I have about 13 chapters already done. So my update schedule won't always be this good. But after I get these 13 out ill try to update at least once a week. But until then have fun with the spam!