Chapter 6- A Secound Chance

(Max POV)

I opened the cabin door, Daniel was lying on one of the beds and David was sitting at the end of it. His eyes were red, it was clear he was crying. Jesus Christ. "Why the hell are you crying?", David jumped at the sound of my voice. "M-max what are you doing here?", David wiped his eyes. "Answer my question", I stuffed my hands into my pockets. He hesitated "I...I don't know, I just feel like this is my fault, I feel....bad", his eyes drifted back onto Daniel. "So you really care about him huh", I looked over at the 'ex' cultist, I haven't noticed till now but he had dark circles under his eyes and he looked a lot skinner than he was the last time I saw him. David stayed silent.

Goddamit

I sighed, "You want me to convince everyone Daniels changed?", he turned his head to me,
" r-really?!?"
"Yah, yah, whatever", David ran up to me and hugged me. "Oh thank you max", I rolled my eyes. "Just so you know I'm not doing this because I care, I just don't want you depressed the rest of this already shity summer".

*time skip*
Basically, max convinced everyone to give Daniel a second chance and try to forget what he did in the past and since it was max saying this they all agreed they would do it for David's sake

(Still max POV)
I rummaged through my stuff trying to find my swim trunks, is David really falling for him. God, I wish it didn't have to be Daniel, but I mean...if he makes David happy...I guess I could tolerate him....he better have changed, cause if he hurts David...I guess I just have to trust him for now.

A/N sorry for the short chapter the next one is REALLY long so I'm hoping that will make up for this