Chapter 11- The Dance (part one)

(Daniels POV)
The campers started waking up and we ate outside, all I could think about was how close David was to me, how was he so calm about it?!?

"Hey Daniel, something on your mind?", I jumped a bit at his voice. "Just- uh- t-thinking....about what w-were doing today", I blushed at the thought of yesterday. David leaned in closer "You sure, you look a little sick", I could barely focus on what he was saying, I kept my attention on his lips, god they looked soft.

"Yo David, could you not flirt with Daniel, we're right fucken here", Max said annoyed. We turned our heads to see everyone staring at us, Nikki, Nerris and Space kid looked like they were going to explode from excitement. David quickly pulled away "s-sorry kids".

The rest of breakfast was quiet until Nerris and Harrison started arguing on which magic was better. The day was a little more exciting than usual, we did some arts and crafts and went on a hike. It kinda felt like David was closer than usual, and I swear he was reaching for my hand but stopped when Nikki needed help getting down from a tree.

The dance started shortly after the Wood Scouts and Flower Scouts arrived, wow Lake Lilac has some interesting characters.

The night was going smoothly, Tabii was flirting with Neil, Max and Nikki were trying to fill the mess hall with bees, and Harrison was surprisingly trying to ask Nerris to dance.

I taped David's shoulder and pointed at Harrison and Nerris "Look, Harrisons trying to dance with Nerris", David smiled "aww that's cute", suddenly I got an idea.

"We should help him"
"How?", David gave me a confused look. "We need to get others on the dance floor, so they're not alone", I grabbed David's hand and walked over to Max and his gang.

"Hey, so, how's the dance so far-",
"What do you want",
"I need 2 of you and the dance floor, now", Max laughed "What's in it for us?", I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "What do you want?", he thought for a minute. "Double dessert for all of us, and you have to dance with David", David's face turned red. "M-max I don't think-", I thought about it for a second, an excuse to dance with David, hell yah! "Alright but your dancing with Neil", "wait what!", Neil and David said in unison. I held out my hand and Max shook it without hesitation "Deal!", Max grabbed Neil's arm and walked over to the dance floor. I looked over at David "Come on, I-its for the campers", David scratched his neck "I-I guess", I wrapped my arms around his neck and he smiled, music started playing, David grabbed my waist and we started dancing are way over to Harrison. He let out a little chuckle when he saw us

"Yah, yah its haliairus, now go ask Nerris to dance"
"Wait how did you-",
"Don't ask just go, iv already gone through a lot of trouble", I motioned over to Max and Neil who were awkwardly dancing.

He nodded "thanks", he walked over to Nerris and awkwardly asked her to dance, she laughed but eventually nodded and walked over to the dance floor. "Wow I can't believe that worked", I turned my attention back to David. I giggled "Oh, and why's that?", I asked in a bit more of a playful tone. "It's just, last time Gwen tried to get two campers together, it didn't work out too well", we both laughed. I looked into his bright, green eyes, they were so joyful but so secretive. We danced in comfortable silence just looking into each other's eyes.

Someone pulled on my shirt, I looked down, Nikki? Her eyes were lit up and she started pointing at something, David's mouth dropped open "Oh. My. God".