Chapter 8- Nightmares

Warning this chapter contains self-harm and child abuse-ish. You have been warned!

(Daniels POV)
The rest of the day was uneventful, though Max did notice me staring at David and decided to point it out to him. Thankfully he just took it as a compliment... I think. Me and David started heading to our cabin after sending the kids to sleep. Gwen was nowhere in sight.

"So how was your first day back?", David asked excitingly. I scratched the back of my neck and gave him a weak smile, "Well besides having one of my biggest secrets out in the open, id say pretty good", David laughed and lightly elbowed me, "Don't worry your secrets safe with me", we both laughed, though David WAS the only reason I kept it secret I guess it was fine.

We opened the door to the cabin, was Gwen packing? "Heya Gwen, whatcha doing?", Gwen jumped a little at David's voice. "Oh there you are, since Daniels here I was hoping I could use my vacation days", she stood up straight. David smiled "Of course, I think we can handle this, right Daniel?", he looked over at me and I nodded. Gwen picked up her bags "Thanks guys, call if you need anything", David nodded and with that me and David were alone.

I yawned "You tired?", I nodded my head and started to realize how fatigued I was. He walked over and sat on one of the beds "You can sleep on Gwen's bed for now, I'm sure she won't mind", I smiled and walked over to the other bed. I hoped under the covers, I was too tired to change into my P.Js none the less take off my clothes. Right before I drifted off I heard David saying "Goodnight".

"WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY ABOUT TALKING BACK TO ME!", I was thrown across the room, my head hit the hard wall. "One more outburst and it's back to the white room for you, got that?", I started shaking. Please no no no no I don't want to go back. He picked me up by the collar of my shirt "I said' GOT THAT'!", I could feel myself on the verge of tears "y-yes I got it", my voice was shaky. He dropped me and walked out slamming the large metal door behind him. I curled up in a ball and sobbed, why, why did mommy and daddy send me here? Do they not care about me? I forced myself up and stumbled over to my bed. I pulled out a knife from under my pillow and rolled up my sleeves. My arms were scared with red cuts, many of them were fresh, I pulled the knife to my arm and added even more scars. I was pathetic, I did this almost every night yet somehow I'm still too scared to die. I didn't want this, I know what these people do for a living and I don't want to turn out like them. I started to feel light-headed I could hear the voices again. "Just give up, no matter what you do no one will ever love you, your a monster", was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

A/N ahhhhhhhh noooooo I'm sorryyyyyy. Why did I make it like this? Why is this story so depressing. Cause that's all you think about? Shut up. Ok, the next chapter will also deal with..... This stuff... But it does get better I promise. At the end of this book, Daniel will be happy.