Chapter 9- Old Habbits

A/N yup I'm back ummmmmmmm so yet again here's a self-harm warning......Daniel will be happy I promise!

(Daniels POV)
My eyes shot open and I gasped for air, I quickly sat up and the tears rolled down my face. My breaths were short and sharp, I sat on the bed with my legs hugged up to my chest for a couple of minutes before wiping my eyes and standing up. David was still asleep, good. I walked out of the cabin after grabbing something out of my bag.

I walked over to the docks and sat down, all the camper should be asleep so no one should see me. I rolled up my sleeves and looked down at my marked arms, I started remembering all the reasons they were there my eyes teared up. I pulled a blade out of my pocket and held it up to my wrist. No, I-I can't go back to this... Not when I have David around.

"D-Daniel?", the sudden voice made me drop the blade, it lightly grazed my skin before falling into the lake. It wasn't deep but it was enough to draw blood.

D-David?!? David rushed over to me "Daniel a-are you ok?", I looked away from him. "W-wait", he grabbed one of my arms and examined it. Yet again, another one of my secrets is out in the open...to the only person that matters... He looked at my other arm "Daniel, d-did you...do this...yourself?", I started crying again. "Oh Daniel", David picked me up by my waist and sat me on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I buried my face into his chest, we sat in silence, crying.

His touch was comforting, and once again I felt safe, I felt like I could tell him anything. After a while David broke the silence "why....this?", I explained everything to him, the nightmares, the camps I was sent to to "cleanse me", I told him about the abuse, I told him about the voices, I told him about my depression, I told him everything.

"Daniel I never knew you were going through so much", he gave me a worried and sympathetic look. I pulled down on my sleeves "it's fine, nobody did", we sat in silence for a couple more minutes.

David stood up, I shot him a confused look "come on, let's get back to the cabin", he gave me a comforting smile, it made me feel safe. I stood up and we started walking back, I heard a stick snap in the woods and subconsciously grabbed his hand. I couldn't tell if he was warm or if I was cold. Probably both.

When we reached the cabin David looked at our hands- which were now intertwined. I let go and blushed "s-sorry you just looked warm", good job Daniel, way to sound weird. "Well I was going to suggest we sleep in the same bed tonight...you know so you feel safer", David blushed a bit while saying that. "W-well if your ok with it", David's face lit up. "Then it's settled, let's get those arms wrapped up then we can sleep in my bed", holy shit, he was serious.

I took off my sweater and sat on David's bed, he grabbed the bandages and sat down beside me, he wrapped my arms and got ready to go back to bed.

David let me sleep near the wall, "well goodnight, I guess", I said as David settled in beside me. I had my back turned to him hoping it would make it less awkward, "goodnight Daniel", a couple of minutes went by and I ended up inching closer to him. I felt a hand on my waist and David pulled his body up against mine, I rolled over so I was facing him. He looked so peaceful, I rested my head on his chest, he smelt like evergreen trees and s'mores, I nuzzled up as close as I could, soon I drifted off to sleep.

A/N sorry for the late update I was busy watching....normal things....ok iv been watching Michael and Gavin play surgeon simulator since iv woke up... it's fucking hilarious anyway I'm sorry for the sad updates I promise the sad parts are over now it's just Danvid *cough* and Max x Neil *cough*