Chapter 7- Crush Confirmed

(Daniels POV)
I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes, it looked like I was in the counselor's cabin. David sat at the end of the bed with his hands in his lap,  I felt my face heat up... Is he sh-shirtless? His skin was lightly tanned, and it looked like he's been working out.

"Oh Daniel you're awake!", I snapped out of my thoughts, he leaned in closer, "How are you feeling, you look a little red"
"I-I- uh, I'm f-fine", I stuttered out. He put his hand on my forehead. I could feel my face getting redder as David got closer.

"So w-why are you shirtless?", I managed to stutter out. "Oh Gwen took the kids swimming and I was waiting for you to wake up before joining them", I felt my heart skip a beat. I was never taught how to swim since it was considered 'a useless skill', I also didn't want David to know about my *ahem* scars.

David walked over to a dresser, quick think of an excuse. "I uh, actually could I just sit on the dock, I'm still a little dizzy", I didn't feel that bad since it wasn't exactly a lie. "You sure, I have extra swim trunks?", as much as I wanted to I couldn't, I nodded. "Alright, suit yourself", he pulled out a green t-shirt, it looked like mine but it had a pine tree on the front of it. "Here just to show your an official camp Campbell counselor", he tossed me the shirt and smiled. David walked to the door "change into that and meet us at the docks", he closed the door behind him. I sighed.

I stood up and slid my sweater off, my arms were lined with cuts and burns. After getting out of the hospital I fell into a deep depression. I won't lie, I wasn't completely better, but I had to see David again. I quickly took off my shirt and put on the one David gave me, I slide on my sweater and headed towards the docks. It looked like everyone but max was in the lake, I hesitantly sat down beside him "why aren't you swimming with everyone else", he was wearing swimming trunks, and it was hotter than usual. "Not a strong swimmer, you?", my eyes drifted to the water below us, calming, " just a little t-tired", I pulled down on my sleeves. Max noticed this, "oh", he shot me a worried look, "sorry I didn't know", I looked over at David who was trying to break up a fight between Harrison and Nerris. "It's ok, just please don't tell David", we sat in silence.

I tried to lighten the mood "you can swim either, can you?", Max broke out into laughter, after a while, he calmed down. "Nope, my old parents didn't care enough to teach me, you?", I gave him a weak smile, "they thought it was a useless skill". David started swimming over to us " you ready for your swimming lessons max?", Max sighed "do I have a choice?", David smiled "Nope", I giggled and max gave me a stern look. "Ya'know David there is a certain....blonde who can't swim", he smiled up at me, what was I supposed to do, if David found out he would give me lessons like max! And then he would see and my...marks. "Ered? She looks like she swimming just fine", max facepalmed, "no you idiot, Daniel", David looked over at me and I turned away. David let out a small laugh, I could feel myself blushing harder, god his laugh was adorable. "Well if that the case I can give him lessons after you campers are asleep", at this point my face was practically a tomato, I would be holding onto an almost naked David in the middle of the night when everyone's asleep. David's voice snapped me out of my thoughts "right now it's time for your lessons Max", Max groaned as David picked him up and held him in the water.

A/N this chapter is almost double what I usually write