Chapter 5- Family Problems (part two)

(Still max POV)
It was silent for a bit as Gwen listened, her face slowly dropped. "Ok now you listen here max is your-!", David cut her off "I-I can take it from here Gwen", he grabbed the phone from Gwen but before he could say something my "parents" beat him to it.

"Listen, we put him up for adoption yesterday, he's not our problem anymore", I felt my heart drop as tears rolled down my face. David's expression went from concerned to angry.
"You know what!"
"David calm-"
"No Gwen, they need to hear this! I can't believe you would do something so unforgivable! Max is your kid! You're supposed to love him no matter what! I hope you burn in hell assholes" before they could respond David hung up and walked over to me.

He bent down and hugged me, "you deserve so much better", I could hear the tears in his eyes. He pulled away and stood up straight holding out his hand with a weak smile "come on max let's go get your things" before I knew it I was in the back of David's car and we were driving down an unfamiliar road

"Where are we going", I asked. "My house, you can stay there until all this is figured out", his voice was calm. "Thanks, David"

*11 months later* 

Me and David stood outside the entrance "can you believe it max, its summer already!", I rolled my eyes "great another 2 months stuck with you". David rustled my hair "oh come on max, this could be some great father son bonding!", he smiled. I looked up at David " oh no this is not getting back to the gang! They are not finding out about this", David sighed. "Fine, fine", it was silent for a moment. "Love you max", I stuffed my hands in my pockets. "L-love you too dad", I mumbled, and with that, the bus pulled in.

*flashback end*