Chapter 15- Bad Morrnings And Bad Thoughts

(David's POV)

I opened the door to the cabin, it looked like Daniel was still asleep... and shaking? Oh no, shot he must be having another nightmare. I put the jar down and walked over to him, he was shaking and sniffling and had tears prickling at the corners of his eyes. "Oh Danny", I sat on the bed and layed his head in my lap. I hated it when Daniel was in pain, something about seeing him cry makes me want to cry as well. "Hey, hey, its ok, I'm here, its ok", I ran my fingers through his soft hair, I remember him telling me this made him feel safe, he was embarrassed to admit it since one of the campers could have herd. His shaking and whimpering slowly came to a stop and his shoulders started to relax. He tiredly opened his eyes and groaned.

(Daniels POV)
I groaned as my eyes adjusted to the light, god my head hurts, wait, what the fuck happened last night?! I quickly sat up and looked at my surroundings, ok so I'm in the counsellors cabin, that's a good start. Wait, where's my shirt? "Ahh Danny so glad to see you awake", I look over to my side to see David, god his voice was like honey, especially with this splitting head ache. "Uh y-yah", I scratched the back of my neck, "What uh, what happened last night", I tried my best to ignore my splitting headache. "Well you got Harrison and Nerris together, made a deal with Max, danced with me, somehow got drunk, striped and passed out", I could feel my whole face go red, fuck. "O-oh we-well at least I-I don't have to wo-worry about embarrassing my s-self anymore", David giggled. Someone, please, fucking kill me. David stood up and walked over to his desk, he came back with a half empty jar of...pickle juice? "Your head must be killing you, here drink this", he held out the jar and I took it. "Uh...David?", he sat back down beside me "Don't tell anyone but, back in high school I was.....well I was what people would call an.....alcoholic, iv gotten better though I promise!", I gave him a surprised look. David used to drink?!? "J-just trust me, Gwen w-wont be back till tomorrow, a-and I need my counselor buddy", I shrugged and drank the rest of the juice.

"Ill let you get dressed, the rest of the campers are eating breakfast so your good for another half hour", I nodded "Thanks David", he stood up and walked out the cabin. I layed back down and covered my face with my hands i silently cursed at myself for all the stupid things iv done since iv got back to Camp Campbell.

I finished getting dressed and headed to the mess hall. My headache was starting to go away and my eyes had gotten used to the light. When i entered the mess hall the first thing I noticed was Neil glaring at Preston, Preston was talking to Max about some musical and Max actually looked like he was enjoying it.

"Listen Max, all I'm saying is that, Jeremy and Michael would make a great couple, there's some real chemistry there"

"I know what your saying, but Jeremy was a total dick to Michael for half the musical",

"Yah, only because of the Squip", I sat beside David trying to block out the other many conversions floating around the mess hall.

(Neil's POV)
I glared at Preston as he talked to Max, why the fuck is Max so happy to be talking to that ass, he should be with me right now, not him. I started softly tapping my fingers on the table. I wonder what would happen if he just....disappeared. I don't think anyone would really care. A small smile crept to my face. Without him, Max would pay attention to me and only me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Nikki waved her hand in front of my face "Hey Neil you alright, you look like your tryna crush Preston's skull with your eyes", I turned my attention back to the "food" in front of me. "Yah, yah I'm fine", I picked at the slop as I thought of all the ways I could....get rid of Preston. There was one in particular I liked the most, I could easily lore him out into the woods and stab him, he's gullible so it wouldn't be to much of a hassle. I shook my head, Jesus Neil you haven't even been with Max for a day and your already more over protective of him then David. I tried to ignore the thoughts but it was hard to when some theater nerd is trying to flirt your new boyfriend. I stood up "I'm gonna go wait for activities to start, if you need me ill be in our tent", I know I shouldn't have just left like that but I didn't want to think about that anymore. I don't want to lose Max yet, ill only get rid of Preston if he gets to close. I walked back to mine Max and Nikki's tent, I tried to distract myself by trying to decode one of Harrisons magic tricks and after awhile it worked.

A/N heyo I'm back, I finally found some motivation and thought "ok what do I have to do" and then I remembered this. Anyway what do you think will happen will Daniel ever find out about the details David left out, will David ever tell Daniel how he feels or will he chicken out, will Preston back off or will Neil have to resort to... Other methods. Find out next time on Total Dra- ok ill stop.