easter

It's Sunday, Easter morning, and I couldn't care less. I typically only go to holiday party's for the food because it's fucking delicious...obviously. My mother rushes in my room and starts yelling at me "Sofia! Get your ass up NOW!", she says as I turn the other way and look at my alarm clock, 10:30 am. 'Fuck' I think to myself. "Now get up and get dressed, we have to go to the Romano's at 12." She ends up leaving my room, and leaves me wondering 'why am I still alive anyways?' I end up getting up and going to the bathroom to wash my face. I look in the mirror and look at myself... I couldn't look worse. I look at how my wavy chocolate brown hair cascades all the way down to my waist, and how the blonde highlights in my hair, stand out in the morning. I have bushy but tamed blackish brown eyebrows, and hazel eyes with short black eyelashes. I basically look like every Italian - american girl there is.

I end up leaving the bathroom after brushing my teeth and washing my face. I went back into my room and sat down on my vanity and started to make myself look somewhat presentable. I curled my lashes put on some 'better than sex' mascara, bronzer, highlighter and lipgloss, and decided that I was done. I put on a a black silk long sleeve short dress, given to me by my mother. I straightened my hair and put on some sandals and called it a damn day. I walked downstairs to see my siblings all eating breakfast. I don't ever eat breakfast because half the time I'm asleep or just not fucking hungry. I walk over to the counter-top and grab a piece of bacon as my brother Marco, asks, "Where the hell have you been?" I roll my eyes at him ,"None of your fucking business asshole." I scoff at him and make my way into the dining room with the rest of these noobs.

***

We end up walking over to the Romano's who happen to live right across the street. My mom shoves me a pan full of food to hold while she knocks on the tall rustic doors. The door finally bursts open and my mother starts screaming. She runs up and hugs her best friend Angela Romano, who 'apparently' have been friends since high school. We finally end up stepping inside their house as me and my sister Bella, walk into the kitchen and set down the platters full of food. As my mom talks away to her old people friends, me and my siblings all sit on the couch, waiting patiently as if we are waiting for something to happen. I unlock my phone and go on snap and decide to check myself on the camera. As soon as I saw myself I wanted to scream. I looked so UGLY. I wanted to run as far away as possible from this hell hole and never show my face again. I looked over to my siblings and started asking them if I looked OK and they all said 'You look fine'. I kept telling them over and over that they needed to be honest with me, and they all started to laugh at me. I tried not to cry in front of them but my fucking eyes just gave out... fucking dumb ass eyeballs. They all started to realize I was trying not to cry and I wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out.

My brother started it and then they all continued it "CRYBABY" "look at her why is she crying" "she's such a baby" "now I know where mom gets it from." That's when I snapped. I jumped up from my seat and just let it all out. "SCREW ALL OF YOU!" I yell and give them the finger. Then everyone stopped talking and diverted their attention towards me. fuck. "You all can suck my fucking ass. I hope you all choke on your saliva and die in your sleep." The whole party looks at me like they just witnessed a murder, fucking dramatic bitches. But I wasn't done yet. "Happy fucking Easter y'all" I yell as I slam the front door and walk out.