Chapter 7

It had taken agent Stone a long time before he realized that the sound he was hearing was not in his dream. Asleep on his desk, the slight vibrations of his cell phone and his ringing brought him out of his torpor.

A burst of panic! He glanced quickly at the time on his desk clock, who could call him so late? The doctor ? Had he forgotten something? Maybe his Latte !!

"Doctor?" I ... I'm sorry, I ... "

"Good evening Agent Stone. "

The voice that cut him off was not that of the Doctor, no, but it was just as familiar to him.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late ... Do you know who I am?"

- This little European accent lets me suppose that you are Y/N's Lieutenant ?

- Indeed, I'm so sorry, you were sleeping I suppose? "

Stone was now much more intrigued by the reason for his call than by the rest.

"I was taking a nap, why are you calling me?

- I have a service to ask you ...

- Which ?

- Is your boss with you? "

He raised his eyebrows, surprised by this strange question.

"Well, I guess he is in his lab, working as usual, until very late. He doesn't sleep much. Much less than me.

- Could you check? "

Stone had heard a hint of anxiety in her/his voice, but as he stepped out of a truck compartment to look at the doctor's lab, he noticed that the lights were off.

"Stone?

- One minute ! He snapped sharply.

Advancing towards the door, he called the doctor softly, but the doctor did not answer him and while he wanted to open the door, it remained definitively closed.

There was no longer any doubt, his boss was not in the truck.

" So ?

- How did you know he was not there?

- In your opinion ? Who have I been looking for in the hotel for half an hour? "

Rolling his eyes, Stone understood where he/she was coming from.

"Y/N is not with you, is that?

- Bingo, and I bet your boss will be where mine is.

- What's wrong with them leaving together? ? "

The lieutenant did not answer.

"Honestly I am worried, I fall on her voicemail every time ...

- Okay, I'll join you. "

He hung up, not really knowing why he told him/her that. And taking his jacket, he was really thinking about what do Robotnik and Y/N both leave when they vowed never to work together.

------

"You are impressively incompetent! "

Robotnik's annoyed voice rose over the edge of the forest when the car never wanted to restart.

"So this car you drive is not starting and it's my fault !?

- It's your car !! He yelled "I should never have followed you!" From the start it was ... "