14. Doubts

- Commissioner, what are you

- Commissioner, what are you...?

-Where is the car ?

She had stormed outside like a fury, in a daze where not even a mountain in front of her would have made her return to this bar. [Y/N] looked at her lieutenant in panic when she realized that the car she had "borrowed" had disappeared from its original location. She ignored everything else, even Stone who was next to [Lieutenant's name] didn't even get a look.

- Where is my boss? he asked before the lieutenant could answer.

-What happened to your neck? Then added the lieutenant, suddenly seized with a surge of concern.

Not a word, just a murderous look. If her eyes had been weapons, they would both be dead by now.

-I asked where the car was, Lieutenant.

- Well, where she should be, Commissar, on a towing tray in the process of...

- They took my car?! she cursed, there was a mixture of anger and panic in her voice.

-It's not your car, you stole it! It's your turn to answer our questions. Where is Doctor Robotnik? What happened ? Who did this to you?

She glared at her lieutenant. The complicity between her/him and Stone was obvious, she was almost touched by it.

-Nobody ! And Robotnik is inside. Now you do what you want, but I want to be in a car driving home in less than sixty seconds.

She didn't see them stare at each other, probably thinking she had way too much in common with Robotnik, but she heard the rest of their conversation.

-Take the car. Stone whispered, gently slipping the keys into the lieutenant's hand. Me, I'm going to get my boss, something tells me that if he doesn't have a latte within the hour, it's going to be hell.

-Are you sure ?

- I'll take another vehicle. Besides, I imagine you won't do the same as your boss, will you?

- I hear you Stone, and with all due respect, fuck you.

[Lieutenant's name] unlocked the vehicle, allowing [Y/N] to step into the backseat before giving Stone a wink.

-It's her way of saying thank you.

-I am used to it.

A smile.

- Tomorrow evening, eight o'clock, that suits you?

He/She blinked. Damn, he wasn't joking when he asked him/her to have dinner with him/her?

-It's all seen. Eight o'clock tomorrow evening, he/she confirmed. [Y/N] can't deny me a break.