Chapter 2: The Browns

Simons POV:
I woke up really early this morning, which I found bizarre. The atmosphere felt strange today like someone was a bit off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I eventually got up to get some breakfast. Sitting in your room with no-one to torment gets boring after a while.

As I paced down the stairs, I couldn't help but have that same unusual feeling. I hoped it was something telling me today was the day we get rid of nanny whetstone. Nanny's suck. They treat you like you're a baby and never let you do anything remotely fun.

Then I noticed something shifting on the couch. Evangeline came through the kitchen door, with a glass of water and some food.
"Evangeline, who's that on the couch?" I asked. She seemed startled when she heard me but continued to say,
"I don't know Si. She showed up late last night, looked like she's been through a lot." She exclaimed
"Oh." I looked at the girl. She was beautiful. I became curious, who was she and what happened to her?

My brothers and sisters soon came rushing down the stairs, ready for breakfast. Everyone was asking questions about the mysterious girl, like 'who is she' and 'I wonder if she is nice.' And that sort of thing.

Evangeline POV:
Cedric- I mean Mr Brown came scurrying down the stairs, dressed and ready for work at the Funeral Parlour. He gave me the orders to get some bandages for the new girl before Nanny Wetstone arrived. He proceeded to say his goodbyes to the children before leaving for work.

Not too long after he left, I went to the mysterious girl to re-wrap her bandage.

Y/N POV:
I felt a soft hand brush against my arm as I slept. I realised I had actually had a goodnight sleep. Not an inch of me was cold, but then it hit me... I through the warm, cozy blankets off be and started running to my stepmothers room- but then I looked around... I wasn't at my fathers house. Where was I? I turned back to see a woman and... 1..2..3...4...5..6...7. 7 KIDS?! They all looked at me as if I was mad. I quickly and quietly apologised for startling them.

As I scanned their faces, one caught my eye. He was tall and had deep, chocolate eyes you could get lost in and brunette hair. He looked around my age and was- wait no just no. He's tall and looked my age, the end.

Who I'm assuming is the maid looked at me
"Hi, I'm Evangeline and these are the brown children, Simon, Tora, lily, Eric, Chrissy and Seb, the twins, and little Aggie." They each looked at me when their name was called. "Now, you know us so what's your name, dear?" She asked sweetly
"My name's Y/N." I said proudly "but everyone calls me Pixie (or whatever ur nickname is)"
"Why?" Seb asked me
"Because I cut all my hair off to prove that girls have short hair too. It was about his length." I said pointing to the tall one. I think his name was Simon "My parents were always proud of me for doing things like that." I mumbled
"Well, Pixie Welcome to our home, father said that you can stay with us if you like," Simon said.
Crash!! The door basically broke as a fat lady marched into the house. She tried to look intimidating, but she really just looked like she had smelt bad cheese. She had flaming red hair and freckles spread across her face.
"Alright, kids! Outside. NOW!" She ordered
"But Nanny, we-" Chrissy began but was cut off
" No buts! Out now!" This time the children listened but I just stayed still "That means you too, newbie!" She said directly to me.
"I don't have to listen to you." I announced, "I am not a Brown child, so it's not your job to take care of me." I stated
"That's it!" She went to grab my ear, I was about to stop her when Evangeline pulled me away and said,
"Come on Y/N. Let's go fix's those cuts up. Nanny Wetstone, I suggest you go take good care of the other children." The nanny stood in shock at what Evangeline had just said but scurried outside with the kids. Evangeline took me to the bathroom to get me cleaned up
.
Time skip
I came out of the bathroom wearing the nicest clothes I had ever worn, a red half jumper and some blue-grey jeans. I managed to have a shower and clean off my face and body, after running crazy through the forest you will look like crap. I thought it might be nice to get some fresh air, so I went out the back to the others.

It was a beautiful Autumn day. It was chilly, but the sun was shining brightly, my favourite. The cold wet grass tickled my feet as I stepped towards a big oak tree on the edge of the Browns house. It looked like it had fallen out of a fairytale, it was so magnificent. It's branches bent and twisted in all different kinds of ways.

(What I imagine it to look like ^^) it was the most magical tree I had ever seen

(What I imagine it to look like ^^) it was the most magical tree I had ever seen. After a bit, I found my way up and into the sky.
" Hey Y/N!!" I looked down to see Simon at the bottoms of the tree, offering me a smile and wave. "Can I come up?" I gave a slight nod as he began to climb the mystical tree.
"Wow," he said
"What?" I asked
"Nothing." He instantly replied and blushed
"That Nanny seems insane! What's her deal?" I asked quickly changing the topic. Simon chuckled,
"Well," he began "long story short, nanny's suck. They treat us like baby's and expect us to act like adults, and so we make it our job to be as horrid as we can be to drive them away." He explained
"How do you usually get rid of them?" I asked intrigued.
"An epic prank, usually involving one of their fears, like Nanny Smith, was scared of spiders, so we scattered fake ones around the house and Eric found a real one and basically threw it at her," Simon laughed to himself
"Well, what's Nanny what's-her-face afraid of?" Simon laughed again
"Nanny Wetstone and messing up and gosht's. Why?"
"I too have a few tricks up my sleeve," I smirked
__________________________________________________________________________________
1112 words! So what did you think of this chapter?? Stay safe and healthy!!
-Isis