Saved By Justin

Leah

Leah was in the bathroom looking at her reflection.
     This time, she wore a jade green full skirt dress. A matching jade pendant on a gold chain hung from her neck, and metallic gold pumps topped the look. Her gold earrings dangled from her ears, and she wore a full, uncomfortable, in her opinion, face of makeup. Annabeth called Leah her "masterpiece." Her hair was down and curled, only because Annabeth had insisted. Her eyelashes were curled, and her olive green eyes sparkled with anticipation.
     This was Leah's first date! She wondered how Justin looked. He probably looked as handsome as he always did.

Justin

     As Justin was driving over to Leah's house to pick her up for their first "real" date, he kept wondering if he had made the right decision of asking Leah out. Justin checked his hair in the mirror. His tousled, chocolate brown hair was perfect, at least he thought so. He wore a plaid shirt with a blue tie, knowing it was Leah's favorite color, and khakis.
     He finally pulled into Leah's home, and got out of his car. Leah jumped up and went into her house yelling something Justin couldn't hear.

Leah

     As Leah rushed to meet Justin, she suddenly felt nervous. What if he thought she was a little bit overdressed? Too much makeup? Did Justin only like Leah because she was sporty?
     Justin broke her thoughts by saying, "Hi Leah."
"Hi, Justin," Leah replied.
"Wow-- You look amazing," he managed. Leah blushed and felt her face getting red. "Thanks, Justin. You look just as well."
He shrugged. "My dad helped me out."
     Leah noticed that Justin had to restrain from going any closer to her.
"Well, let's get into the car," Justin said, only to end the whole you-look-good conversation.
     He opened the door for Leah, which was nice, and got in on the other side. Justin got the car started and began driving. It was hard to start a conversation. Leah turned her head and watched the houses go by. She was so excited she didn't know what to say. Think, Leah, think!
     Justin turned on the radio to break the silence. A song came on- Barbie Girl. Justin began humming softly to the song, and a slow smile crept onto Leah's face. She couldn't help from smiling, so she began laughing, softly at first, but growing in volume soon enough.
     As the car stopped to face a red light, Justin turned to face Leah. "What's so funny?" He asked, cocking his head.
"Don't you realize that you're humming to that Barbie Girl song?" Leah asked, clutching her stomach.
"Oh, um-" Justin's face turned as red as a tomato and he blushed.
"It's-" Justin was going to say something, but he stopped himself.
     What could he be hiding? Leah wondered. She was going to ask him what was wrong, when the red light flashed to green. Saved by the lights, Leah thought. She would have to ask Justin another time.
     After 10 minutes, they finally reached their destination, Fogo de Chao, and Justin parked the car.
     He got out of the car before Leah, and opened the door for her again. Leah blushed. "Thanks, Justin."
"No problem," he replied casually. They walked towards the restaurant side by side, their shoulders touching.
     Leah could barely keep her excitement contained. She began jumping up and down lightly. Many things happened at once. Leah's ankle twisted and pain shot up her leg. Justin caught her, as if she were trust-falling, before she could crumble to the floor and a random baby started crying.
     Leah kept herself from crying though. She was a strong girl. Justin helped her stand up, and Leah managed to lean on him.
"Woah, Leah! You okay?" Justin asked once she was leaning safely on his shoulder. "Yeah, um, I think I'm fine," Leah lied. The truth was, she didn't think she could even walk anymore. The first thing Leah could think of was, Annabeth... how embarrassing, Stupid heels. For the second time, Leah hurt her ankle somehow by wearing heels.
     She managed to limp all the way to the restaurant with the help of Justin. "Thanks for being there for me, Justin," she said truthfully.
"Anytime."

Justin

     As Justin walked towards the restaurant, he could feel his cheeks burning. 2 young children were staring at the two of them, Leah and Justin. Well, actually, they weren't staring at Justin, they were staring at Leah. They were probably wondering why Justin deserved a girl like Leah.
     In his opinion, he thought Leah was gorgeous. You know if you imagine an angel coming down from heaven with glorious lights throughout the angel? Well, Leah was Justin's angel.
     He could feel Leah's warmth on his shoulder. It was a nice day. Birds chirping, and a cool breeze racing through the crisp, fresh air.