Rest - Ryan Sitkowski

A/N: this is a request from stevastar, i hope you enjoy!

- - - - -

You awoke from your nap. A migraine washed over as it affected your whole body with the pain. You've been sick, getting worse every day, for the past two weeks.

You worked for Motionless In White as a crew member, all while dating Ryan for about six years now. You decided to join the crew since you both had trouble with the whole 'separation during tour' thing.

It was great, you didn't spend every single second together since you both had your responsibilities, but you were able to snuggle up to him every night, and that was one of the most important things to you.

You decided to take a nap in the bunk after you and the rest of the crew finished setting up for tonight's show. You needed it. Bad.

You quickly took some Advil as you couldn't stand migraines more than anything. It didn't help that your stomach had been bothering you to the point where you haven't eaten much in the past few days, which then caused fatigue.

Even helping with a few things while setting the stage up was getting difficult to do. AJ offered several times to just do your work, too, but you denied.

You didn't want to stop, though. You had to keep going, and you didn't want them to know how sick you've been getting these past few weeks. Ryan noticed something was wrong and asked you about it several times, but you denied it every time. He knows you're stubborn about being sick and worried about you, but knew he couldn't do anything unless he would have to send you home. That was the last thing either of you wanted to do.

It was what you were actually afraid of, being so sick that you would be sent home and away from the love of your life.

Checking the time, you saw they would be heading on stage soon. You quickly went out and towards the venue. You never missed their set, even while being this sick.

- -

You're watching the band play from the side of the stage, just far enough that the fans couldn't see you to the side. They all knew that you're dating Ryan and working for the crew, but you still didn't like the attention all that much. Especially with there being a few crazy fans here and there that would send negative messages and threats to you just for being with one of their favorite guitarists.

Your head is pounding again, your stomach twisting into every knot the boy scouts are taught all at the same time as you feel even worse than before. You shook your head to yourself, you'd be fine. It's just nerves.

Sweating and getting chills over your whole body, you felt your legs go weak from under you as everything looked and sounded fuzzy, your vision darkening.

- -

A wet, cold sensation was the first thing you noticed, right on your forehead. The live music was no longer playing. All you heard was the sound of talking.

"You need to send her home, Ryan. I knew something wasn't right."

You recognized that as AJ right away.

You heard the deep sigh come from Ryan, "I just don't understand why she couldn't just tell me she was this sick."

An involuntary groan came from you as you opened your eyes to them, the light was bright in your face as you immediately squinted your eyes. The migraine was returning and the light hurt more than anything as your hand went to your head in pain.

AJ took the cue and dimmed the light down where it was just enough to see everything.

You were all in the back lounge, you were across the sofa and Ryan was sitting next to where your head was. He still had some of his stage makeup on as he hadn't washed it off, yet. AJ was standing near the door and light switch.

You shook your head, "I'm not going home."

"You're sick, Y/N. Really sick," you could hear the worry in Ryan's voice. It sounded like he had just been crying, choking on his words.

He never let himself cry in front of any of the guys, though. You're the only one he was ever fully vulnerable around. AJ might be the only exception, now. Luckily, outside of AJ's sarcastic humor-filled shell, he was caring and sensitive, as empathetic as someone could be. He'd understand.

You sigh, "What if I just go to a doctor tomorrow? Whichever city we're in, I'll get an Uber to some urgent doctor place they have."

AJ perked up, "Hey, there's an idea. Only if you're not contagious, though."

"If I was contagious, you would've all been sick as soon as I got sick. You know how fast that shit spreads on the bus. Besides, it's all been migraines and body aches and stomach issues and shit like that. It's not like a weird cough or anything."

They both nod.

"Baby, how long have you been feeling like this?"

Ryan's voice was soft, trying not to choke on his words again.

You hum, thinking, "I don't know, about two weeks?"

"Okay, I'm taking over your job, no if's or but's about it," AJ pointed at you, raising an eyebrow.

"And no butts either, that belongs to me," Ryan chuckles.

You roll your eyes. Men.

Ryan dug through your bag until he found some Advil and grabbed a water bottle, handing them to you. You thanked him and took the pills, impatient for them to start working to make your head feel better, at least.

AJ left the room when his phone started ringing, all you heard was a 'Hello?' before the door shut.

"What about the show? You guys were playing before I woke up," you raised an eyebrow at your boyfriend.

You really hoped they didn't stop the show because of you.

Ryan shrugged, "AJ got to you first and I saw what was happening so I left the stage after we finished that song to make sure you were okay. The guys went on and played the last few songs without me."

You shook your head, "You didn't have to do that, Ryan."

He pressed his finger to your lips, shushing you, "It's not like they haven't played without me before. They can handle it."

You sighed, not wanting to argue. Especially since the Advil hadn't kicked in yet.

He lifted the ice pack on your head to kiss your forehead before putting it back on. The warmth of his lips felt so nice compared to the cold you had been getting used to. It made you smile.

He stood up, "Get some rest, baby. Okay? I'll be back soon. I love you."

You nodded, "I love you too."

He smiled, turning the light off to ease your migraine as he left the room.