Publicity - Slash

A/N: this is a request from stevastar, i like getting the chance and branching out into more bands/musicians :) i hope i did somewhat okay on this as i'm not entirely familiar with his personality

- - - - -

It's been posted. After over a year of hiding it, you and your boyfriend Saul, though the public knows him as Slash, finally decided to make your relationship known. Each of you posted a picture yesterday, showing you both happy together, holding hands. It was your favorite picture, if you were being honest.

You were terrified of what the fans would think, considering you were over 20 years younger than him and a part of his band. You originally didn't see him in the way that you do now, but as time went on, touring and spending more time with him, you caught feelings for him. He caught feelings for you, as well. Neither of you expected to be together in the way you are, now.

"I think it'll be fine," he tried to reassure you, seeing the nervousness in your eyes. "For all we know, the fans probably already figured it out."

You were terrified of any negativity you received online. Terrified that this would all cause a massive backlash against you and Saul. And the rest of the band, too. The last thing you wanted was to be the reason for anything band happening.

You turned toward him, the daylight from the hotel window brightening his face as he smiled at you. God, you thought he was the most handsome man on the planet.

"What if they don't think it's okay?" you asked, your voice quiet and shaky.

His hand reached for your cheek, caressing it with his thumb. He pressed a kiss to your forehead, knowing it would help.

"I don't care what the fans think. We have each other, that's what matters the most. If they don't like it, that's their problem," he spoke in a warm tone.

You felt a little better as he tried to comfort you, giving a soft smile. You were more than thankful to have him in your life.

The whole band has been staying in a hotel for about two days now, all in different rooms. You and Saul shared one room to yourselves, being able to have alone time with each other.

"Do you wanna go out for something to eat?" he offered, wanting to take your mind off of everything that was bothering you.

You nodded, knowing neither of you have eaten since breakfast, and it was now a little after 1:00 in the afternoon. Neither of you were the biggest fan of room service; it was really just a big hit or miss when it came to the quality of the food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping outside of the hotel, which was about a block away from the venue you'd be playing at later tonight, there were several fans already around the area. The nerves struck again as you were worried. The feeling of all eyes on you. It was the only thing you didn't like about being in a band; the publicity.

Then, a flash. A camera.

There's paparazzi? Really? You've always hated the fact that paparazzi exists in the first place. Invading privacy just to take gross pictures to spread false rumors all over the internet.

Of course they were here. One of the most famous guitarists in rock history just revealed his relationship with his bandmates, who was years younger than him. Paparazzi weren't around as often as years before, but they still made their presence when necessary for the sake of media.

"Y/N," one called out to you, trying desperately to get your attention. "Are you a sugar baby? Using him for his money? Are you on his will? Life insurance policy?"

Oh no.

He did not just say that. Any of those things.

Saul's grip on your hand tightens a bit as he heard what was said, too. Trying to help you not pay any attention to them. They fed off of attention, good and bad. That was their job. To piss off the celebrities and use it against them.

"Hey, don't say shit like that to them," someone shouted at the paparazzi.

The person behind the voice seemed pissed off, immediately rushing verbally to your defense.

"Leave them the fuck alone," another shouted.

Both of what you assumed to be fans were shouting at the guy working for the paparazzi. It relieved you to know that they were defending your relationship, and you couldn't help but smile.

Looking over to Saul, he was already looking at you, a look of happiness on his face now that you were more relaxed and content.

He kissed your cheek, "I love you."

Every time he said it, your day was instantly better.

Your cheeks turned pink as your smile grew brighter, "I love you, too."