Why Are You So Thirsty? - Vinny Mauro

Setting up the totes full of different merch designs, ranging from shirts to hoodies to even hats and bandannas, it was just another night of tour. You've been working as Motionless In White's merch girl for two different tours now, and had grown closer with the band every day.

Well, you shared the same bus as them. You'd have no choice but to grow closer with them as you all shared the same toilet and fridge.

You had your own way of organizing the merch items by size, that way you could easily grab the ones you needed whenever everyone came to the merch table each night. Since it was still early in the day, and the fans wouldn't be coming in for VIP until about three hours from now, you were still in shorts and a tank top. You had your long hair put up so it wouldn't get in your face as you had to repeatedly bend over.

Setting up was a workout, and the last thing you wanted was to already be sweaty before you had to get ready.

Ryan's sarcastic voice interrupted your thought process as you were bent over.

"Dude, why are you so thirsty?"

Looking up, you saw Ryan looking over at Vinny, who immediately looked away from your direction. You could only assume that Vinny was spying, watching as you set up.

Eh, maybe he was getting a peek at your ass as you were bent over, who knows. Either way, you felt the heat rise to your face as you caught Vinny after Ryan caught him, first.

Vinny's face turned bright red as he quickly evaded the room, heading back outside towards the bus. He was usually shy around you, although it wasn't always like that. During the first tour with them, he started off as a lot more outgoing. But, as time went on, he's grown a little more distant, not engaging in much talk.

Ryan chuckled once he was out of the room, "He totally has a crush on you."

Blushing yourself, you shook your head, "He was probably just looking at my ass."

You didn't want to let yourself think he had a crush on you, being that you had one on him. Though, you weren't always nervous around him. If anything, it made you a bit sad that he hasn't been talking to you that much.

He raised an eyebrow, "Why do you think that?"

Finishing organizing the last tote, you stood straight up, sighing, "You really think I'd even try to be with anyone in this band? I work with all of you, I'm not here to fuck around."

Ryan's eyes got wide as he threw his hands up in defense, almost offended, "Hey, I'd ship it if you two got together."

You rolled your eyes at him. This and the blush still present on your cheeks made him smirk as he thought of something else to ask you.

"Do you like him?"

Shrugging, you weren't exactly going to lie to him, "He's cute."

"So you like him."

"Would you shut up about it if I said yes?" you folded your arms, not entirely happy about this conversation.

Only one person knew you thought anything of Vinny that would indicate you having a crush on him, and that person was your best friend. No one else.

He chuckled, dragging out the same statement in a longer tone, "So you like him."

Sighing, you put your hand to your forehead, facepalming at what he was saying. So childish, but at least he wasn't childish enough to make stupid poop jokes or anything.

You were also facepalming because you made the dumb mistake of telling Ryan, Ryan out of all fucking people, that you had a crush on Vinny. He was definitely going to bring it up to him, one way or another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat in the back lounge, finishing your makeup as you had some alone time, all by yourself. The guys were all eating lunch in the front lounge, so you didn't want to invade your space. You made it a point to eat lunch before putting on makeup, anyways.

And, you didn't want to put it on in the bathroom; you had to be sitting while putting it on so you could have a steadier hand.

Putting on the last of the mascara you needed, you turned off the lighted mirror right as the door opened.

Before you had a chance to really look at what was going on, Ryan pulled Vinny in the room, then leaving and shutting the door. Vinny looked mortified, seeing you there. His face was the brightest red you've ever seen. He tried to open the door, but Ryan held it shut.

"Tell her, you dumbass," Ryan shouted from the other side.

You were gonna kick his ass later for this, you knew it. Maybe not literally, but this was not an ideal situation.

Thanks, Ryan.

In return, your face started burning the familiar pink tint as Vinny looked back over at you.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing he said, his voice shaky and quiet.

You shook your head, "Don't feel like you have to tell me what Ryan wants you to say. Just say what's actually true."

You knew Ryan wasn't going to let either of you out of the room until specific words were said, so you figured it'd be best just to get it over with. Hopefully, Vinny would realize that, too.

He licked his lips out of nervousness, his rare shy side showing itself.

"I," he started, sighing out of guilt and the nervous feeling that he made obvious. "I like you. A lot. I'm sorry if I looked like a pervert today, but seeing you always makes my day better and I just don't know how to describe that feeling. I just get so nervous to talk to you and then I end up not talking because I don't want to fuck anything up and..."

He started to ramble on and on, spilling everything he felt for you, as you stood up, taking in the words he was saying. He liked you, and you liked him. You'd never think that someone like Vinny would want a girl like you, and you were now realizing that you wanted him more than you originally thought.

The thoughts in your mind, always telling you that you should never go after him, vanished as you grabbed his face, planting your lips on his. The last few words became a mumbled mess out of his mouth as he hesitated, finally responding by kissing back. His hands met yours, gently grabbing them as he let your hands off of his face; he was now holding your hands.

You hadn't noticed the door was open again until you both pulled away from the kiss, both of you blushing madly. Looking over, Ryan was in the doorway, a giant shitfaced grin across his face.

"I knew it."

Lightly pushing him away from the door, you flipped him off as you closed the door again.

"So, does that mean you like me back?" Vinny spoke softly again.

"Yes, dumbass," you sighed. "Of course I like you back."

His shocked expression turned into pure joy as he smiled brightly, "So, does that mean I can take you on a date?"

God, he was such a fucking dork. You loved it, though.