Headache - Phil Bozeman

A/N: again, a short blurb, but tried to make it cute

- - - - - -

The pain shot through your entire skull as you lay in bed, trying to ignore all lights and sounds coming from outside. You hated feeling like this. It's been a few weeks since your last headache, which you used to get quite a bit more often.

It wasn't just a 'normal' headache like most people got, where laying down with a cold washcloth on your head fixed the problem within half an hour.

Any time you got a headache, it would take just about everything in order to feel better. The lights off, complete silence, over-the-counter pain pills, cold washcloth, everything. Even then, you were usually out for an entire evening if you got one. You wouldn't emerge from your room until the next morning unless you had to use the restroom.

Your eyes were shut when you heard the door to your room slowly open, knowing it was your boyfriend, Phil. You had just started dating about two months ago, and you spent about half of that time sleeping over at his house, since you had already been friends for about a year before beginning your relationship.

"Baby," he whispered, just loud enough for you to hear him.

You hummed in response, not wanting to speak because of the volume impacting your headache.

"I made you some soup, if you want some."

You couldn't help but smile. It was the little things that mattered the most to you. He learned quickly that freshly hot soup was one of your favorite home remedies for any sickness you had.

Setting the bowl onto the nightstand, he lifted the washcloth to kiss your forehead softly before placing it back down.

You would sit up in a minute or two to eat, you just had to gain the energy to do so. You opened your eyes just enough to look at him. He was so precious, dressed just in a t-shirt and sweatpants. He had his dogs in the living room where he was, just to keep them from making too much noise from barking or playing.

He turned to go back out, to let you rest, as you reached for his hand, gently grabbing it as you whispered, "I love you."

It was the first time you've told him those three words, feeling like the perfect moment to do so.

He faced you again, a soft smile coming to his lips as he rubbed his thumb along the back of your hand, "I love you, too."