How You Meet - Periphery

A/N: i kinda wanna start doing these too, they seem fun since half the time i can't decide on a specific person and most of my shit ends up being short

all gifs are my own, all made from the P3 album documentary

also this sucks and idc, i just wanted to write more out of my comfort zone (the misha one was the hardest for me)

- - - - - -

Mark:

Deciding you wanted out of your apartment for a while, you walked down the street, Pokémon Go opened on your phone as you headed towards the nearest PokéStop, which was conveniently right next to a gym.

Pokémon Go was addicting, to say the least. But, it was a good excuse to actually get outside and move around for a while, exploring the city.

Looking at who had taken over the gym, you knew you had a Pokémon that could beat it. You were determined to grab your place as a gym leader whenever you could, being a bit competitive. You sat down on one of the benches in a group of seating spots, selecting the perfect Pokémon for the job.

It wasn't long before you got your spot. You could've sworn you heard a "God dammit" from not too far away, but that could've been about anything.

Almost a minute later, the same username of the person that had the previous Pokémon was now the leader again as you groaned to yourself.

You looked around, knowing the person was in the area. There were several people walking around, a few sat at some tables eating lunch, and one guy sitting at one of the other tables right near your spot, staring at his phone.

He was wearing a Dark Funeral shirt, had dark brown hair down to his shoulders, and a small patch of facial hair.

Suspecting it was him, you went back and used another one of your tougher Pokémon to take over, once again.

His face scrunched up as he was focused on his phone, "You fucking piece of-"

You were right. It was the dude in the Dark Funeral shirt.

Smirking to yourself, you decided to get cocky.

You casually sighed, "Pokémon, huh?"

His eyes immediately darted from his phone to you, sighing in frustration, "You're the one doing this?"

You giggled at how upset he was over a game, "Hey, it's just funny seeing you trying to take me down."

He rolled his eyes sarcastically, "Nope, I'm still gonna be the gym leader."

"Bet," you dared, giving him a sly smirk.

"Eat my ass," he remarked.

You gained a Pokémon  rival. It felt just like the games and the anime.