Hawaii - CJ McMahon

"Oh hey, this one has a really good discount," CJ showed you the hotel room on his phone.

It was a beautiful resort right next to the beach. The rooms had their own personal balcony and showers almost practically the size of your room.

You and CJ had been close friends for a while, and you wanted to get away together, just the two of you. You both figured maybe somewhere tropical and easy to go to, like Hawaii. Somewhere where there was enough to do that wasn't just going to the beach.

You looked at the discount, furrowing your brows at him, "It's for newlyweds only, CJ."

"So?" he shrugged, curious of your thoughts on this situation.

Could he seriously not see the issue with this? You were friends, not married. Not even dating.

You sighed, rolling your eyes, "We aren't married. Or even together."

Admitting to yourself, you did have a crush on him. But, you didn't want to risk anything happening to the friendship you have with him. Everything was already great as it is.

He leaned in closer, raising his eyebrows as he murmured, "What if we faked it?"

You never thought of it that way. Would you even get away with it? Wouldn't they require marriage papers or something? The marriage license? Would they make you two kiss in front of them to prove you were together? Your mind wandered about that before coming back for your response.

"Wouldn't we get caught?" you questioned, knowing this isn't the best idea.

"Only if we let ourselves get caught," he smirked, "Should we try it? Worst case scenario, we pay full price."

You shrugged. The full price itself wasn't that bad, either. It'd be worth a shot.

- - - -

You and CJ were in the Uber on the way to the hotel you planned on staying at. The flight was long and you were both quite tired, having trouble sleeping on the plane. At least your and his luggage were among the first to come off the plane, making it so there was almost no wait to get out of there.

Both of you came up with a plan before going to the airport. You would simply claim that you hadn't brought any marriage paperwork and still had to get your last name changed to his, legally.

To be fair, the reservation didn't say whether you had to have your marriage papers and license with you, anyways. So, that was their fault in that case.

The car stopped in front of the hotel as you and CJ got out, getting your bags from the trunk. Walking in the entrance, the person working at the front desk greeted you, asking for your reservation.

This was the moment of truth.

"McMahon," CJ said, smiling softly.

You both made sure to buy fake wedding rings to wear, just in case.

"Oh, you're just married, congratulations!" the employee said, giving a nice smile to both of you.

Holy shit, it worked. You received your room keys and headed to your room.

After closing the door behind the two of you, you let out the biggest sigh of relief.

CJ chuckled, "What was that sigh for?"

You looked at up at him as he looked down at you, waiting for you to answer his question. Something about the way he looked today, even with being tired, made you wish that you actually had a chance with him outside of being just close friends.

You shook your head, "They didn't even question it. They just looked at us and assumed we're actually married."

He raised his eyebrow, "Maybe we just look like the perfect couple."

You felt the heat rise to your cheeks when you thought about it. Yes, you were perfectly good friends but he didn't know how you really felt about him. Maybe he could tell, you had no idea. You tried your hardest to hide those feelings, though.

"And maybe this could be the reality someday instead of being faked," he mumbled.

You shot your gaze back up to him, "What?"

You wanted to make sure you heard him correctly, but you could tell that you definitely heard him correctly when his cheeks tinged pink. He hadn't meant for you to hear that.

"I," he started, reaching up to rub the back of his neck as he thought of the right words to say.

You found the words for him, "Do you like me, CJ? Is that what you meant?"

He bit his lip out of nervousness before nodding, "Yeah, kinda."

You looked down, shyly, trying to hide your own blushing.

"Look, I don't want this to mess anything up, just forget anything I said-"

You interrupted him mid-sentence as you built the courage up to grab his face, pulling him closer as you planted your lips on his. He froze still for a few seconds before responding to your lips by moving his own. Reaching his hands up, one cupped one of your cheeks and the other went to the back of your head, tangling into your hair.

You pulled away, both of you breathless and faces bright red. His eyes glimmered with love and happiness as he looked into yours.

"I like you too," you admitted, giving a soft smile to him.

He couldn't help but smile widely as he kissed your lips again. This vacation was about to be a lot more romantic.