» 4 «

| Dogo |

While you walk down the road into the village, your heartbeat is as fast as a galloping horse. Kita or Inari, you don't know how to address the man anymore, has said to you to find a job and a place to stay in the village next to the shine. You don't have any money, nor do you know your way around the hamlet.

It is strange being in this place. As a child, your mother has told you stories about the island. Demonic and supernatural creatures suppose to wander this island, but you never believe in the myths. However, you met a god just moments ago. Maybe you should start to understand the tales.

A few minutes pass when you finally see the first buildings of a village. Strange people start to walk past you as you enter the wicked place. You notice a man with dyed blond hair. He grumbles about something you can not hear, but by the expression on his face, it must be something terrible. Since you have nowhere to go, you decide to check out what his problem is.

"Excuse me? Is everything alright?" You carefully ask, while approaching the man. His head swings around and his dark brown eyes pierce right through yours.

"What do you want?" He angrily growls. His blond hair is held back by a long dark brown band, and his left ear shows two ear piercings. Frightened from his sudden anger, you quickly take a step back. The man sighs as he sees your frightened figure and tries to relax his body.

"Sorry... My bag just broke." He says in a more untroubled tone. You nod and notice his food laying around on the ground. Without asking for his permission, you bend down and start to pick up some apples and a bag of rice. The man is surprised by your action but gladly accepts it.

"Are you new in town?" He asks while picking up a bottle of sake.

"Yeah. I... I arrived today." You stutter and leave the part of your kidnapping out. The man nods and looks down into your (e/c) eyes.

"You're human, right?" Confused by his sudden question, you carefully nod.

"Would you like to work in my pub?" Happy about his offer, you give him a wide smile. It is almost as if you meeting him is planed by someone.

"Does the job offer a room as well?"

» » » « « «

The sun slowly disappears on the horizon and dips the wet tables and freshly cleaned glasses into a warm orange colour. It is almost magical to see such a beautiful sunset, but Ukai has warned you about the things happening after nightfall.

Ukai, the man who has offered you a job, is the owner of the local pub next to the shrine. The village only consists of one main road, and his pub is in the centre of it. Houses in which other residents live are all over the palace. The village does not have any sort of structure and is whole damn chaos.

"Where did you say you used to live?" Ukai asks while string in some sort of brown liquid. The smell made your stomach twist and turn in joy as its aromatic scent fills your nostrils. Ukai hears your stomach growl and smirks while pouring a large portion into a wooden bowl.

"Near Tokyo." Your reply and happily start to drink the soup. Your throat burns a little from the sudden hot liquid, but you don't care at this moment.

"Easy there, tiger. Do you want to burn your whole throat?" He laughs and lights the cigarette in his moth. Your cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and you instantly set the bowl on the counter.

"We open in about ten minutes to make sure to clean this up before the idiots take this palace over." Confused by his statement, you furrow your brows. Before you can ask him about he leaves the room and strolls out of the pub.

"Weird." You mutter to yourself and quickly drink the rest of the soup. Your stomach is very gratefully to be filled with something again.

When the pub opens, and the first people start to walk you, you never imagine being shocked and amazed at the same time. The people are no ordinary humans. Some have animalistic ears like the guy sitting in front of you.

He is tall and lean with broad shoulders and a muscular frame. He has narrowed-eyes and hazel coloured, cat-like pupils that make him seem sly and intimidating. His black hair is messy and spikes upwards, resembling bed hair. The cat-like man wears a black yukata which is loosely tied together with a red ribbon. His broad chest is visible as well as his ab muscles. However, the most strange thing about him is his cat-like ears on both the sides of his head. He looks like a human roster cat mix.

"What ya starring at?" He chuckles as he notices your long gaze on him.

"Oh, sorry." You mutter and quickly and pout another shot of sake for some people. You feel the strange mans eyes on your skin but decide not to call him out. His glowing eyes made you fear what else he is capable of.

"Oh, Ukai! Finally got yourself a woman!" Another man yells. Your cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and you glance towards the shouting man. He wears a loose grey yukata which shows his broad chest muscles and the beginning of a tattoo.

"She's not his woman ya idiot!" The cat-like man chuckles and pulls the other one closer to his side. These two are very familiar with each other.

"Besides, she belongs with them." He says in a hushed tone and points towards a laughing group of men. You follow his gaze and realize that you know some of the males sitting around a table. The small light on the table barley bade it possible for you to see their faces, but you recognize them anywhere.

"What do you know about them?" Stunned by your sudden change of interest, he forms a sly smirk on his face.

"You don't know? What did they kidnap you or something?" He chuckles, but his laughs die quickly once he sees your red cheeks and hears how your heart skips a beat.

"Just give her the answer Kuroo." His friend sings drunk. You do not remember giving him much alcohol, though.

"Alright, alright. That is the fox gang Inarizaki. The blond and grey coloured are twin. Miya Atsumu and Osamu."

"I recognize them." You speak quietly before shiting your gaze to another male of the group. He is far in the back of the booth and almost completed hidden by the darkness of the room. However, you don't miss to catch his glance.

He eyes are green but the typical rare shade of green like green tea leaves left too short in a cup of hot water. They are green like the morning sun hitting the freshly wet grass, but hold some sort of yellow in them as well. His hair is dark brown, slightly-combed down, with few strands sticking out at the top of his head and middle-parted bangs.

It feels as if the world is stopping, and you can sense him starring into your soul. Everything around you grows quiet until you can only hear your weak heartbeat. Before you know what is going on he broke the contact and a cold wave of sadness took you by surprise.

"What was that?" You whisper to yourself before refocusing on the sly and drunk man in front of you.

"The start of something."