8

"I think we should go back. We shouldn't be here, " Emma whispered to the others as they crept through the grass of the school district building.

"Emma my father has given you a lot of favors over the years," Kathryn started, "The least you could do is help us get even with the asshole that stole his job."

Emma sighed, "Your dad doesn't even like me, he is what he did for you. He always does."

"Even if he didn't like you, and you're right he probably doesn't-"

"Victoria!" Regina snapped at her.

The snotty Belfrey rolled her eyes, "What? It's true. Superintendent Aurum never liked Emma just like your mom. I'm just saying even if he doesn't like her Kathryn always went out of her way to make sure that he still helped you. So if you're not gonna do this for him do it for her."

"Fine," the youngest girl whined, "But we leave as soon as we plant the drugs. No straggling."

"Whatever. You got the drugs Vicky?" Kathryn asked as they slowly crept closer to the window of his office.

"Right here," she answered as she pulled the bag of weed out of her pocket and handed it to Kathryn.

"Alright, now Emma I need you to go through his window and place it in his desk."

"Me?! Why me?!" Emma said a little too loudly as Kathryn handed her the drugs.

"Shut up! Do you want us to get caught?!" Kathryn stressed, "It's gotta be you cuz his window only opens up so far. Since Regina's muscled up for championships you are the only one skinny enough to fit through the window. We'll hoist you up and be down here to catch you when you come out."

"Kathryn I'm not comfortable with this," Emma revealed.

"Emma please. You know my dad didn't deserve to be fired."

"Your dad was a corrupt superintendent. He took bribes and extorted desperate kids, he should be in jail!" Emma argued.

Kathryn's nostrils flared and her eyes widened before she lunged at Emma, "Take it back!"

Regina quickly pulled Kathryn off of Emma and held her back, "If she doesn't want to do this then we'll just have to find another way."

Kathryn straightened out her clothes and fixed her hair, "Fine."

Regina went to Emma and cupped her face, "Are you alright?"

Emma nodded her head quickly, "Yeah I think so."

Regina turned back to Kathryn, "If you ever come at her like that again I will hurt you."

"You're gonna choose her over me? Reggie I've known you for 18 years! We've been together since we were in diapers. You've known her for what, 8?!"

"I will always choose her," she said as her eyes narrowed.

"That's a low blow Regina. We've had each others backs since before pre-K and you want to jeopardize all that for this orphan," Victoria added.

Emma watched as the only three friends she ever had began to unravel in front of her. Not only were their chances of getting caught increasing, but so was the chances of their friendship being destroyed because she couldn't hop in and out of a window. She didn't want this...

"I'll do it," she said quickly, "I'll do it. I'll do it. Just stop arguing."

These three were the closest thing she had to a family and she wasn't going to be the reason they split.

"Em are you sure? You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Regina assured her.

"No I'll do it if it means we all stay friends."

Kathryn smiled and pulled Emma into a hug, "Thank you Emma."

Victoria rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Yeah I'll believe it when I see it."

Emma ignored Victoria and centered herself under the window. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" her girlfriend asked again.

"I'm sure."

She smiled and gave her a quick kiss, "Then I'll be down here waiting for you when you finish."

"Promise you'll be here as soon as I get out," she asked playfully.

"I promise."

"We literally could've been done with this by now if you hadn't done all that gag-worthy bullshit just now," Victoria spat.

Everyone rolled their eyes. Regina and Kathryn boosted Emma up to the window, where she pulled herself through. But as soon as her feet hit the floor of his office the lights and sirens of the police outside. Her stomach sunk and her heart stopped. She could hear rustling outside the window and heavy footsteps coming her way. Her mind immediately went blank as to why she was there and instead of planting the drugs like they planned she tried to escape through the window. The window seemed higher off the ground than before, and this time no one was there to catch her like they said they'd be.

"Fuck," she cursed to herself, as her eyes darted back and forth.

She made the decision to jump and then run, seeing as all the police seemed to be inside now. She grimaced as she braced herself for the impact, but she must have fell at an angle or something because her ankle made a horrendous cracking sound and she suddenly couldn't bare any weight on it. She crumbled to the ground and yelped out in pain.

"Who's there?" A deep voice called out from the direction of the police cruisers.

"Shit."

Emma snapped her head towards the bushes, where a rustling sound came from, but her attention was soon stolen from the lights turning on in the office above her.

"Hey we've got something over here,"  an officer from inside the office. He shone his flashlight out the window and onto Emma on the ground, "Hey we've got the trespasser over here!"

She tried to get up, she tried to run, but she couldn't put any weight on her ankle. Th officer outside came rushing over and cuffed her. Everything happened so fast. They lifted her off the ground and patted her down, that's when they found the weed. She was taken to the cruiser and shoved into the back. They drove away into the night and her mind couldn't seem to wrap around the fact that this was it. She knew after that night her life would never be the same again.