17

After a long day at work Emma was met with a text message from her very mosey roommate.

M&M: I found her address. Just go to her! True Love Always Wins!

Sent: 8:41am

M&M: 816 Acoma St. Apt #815

Sent: 8:43am

Emma smiled at her phone, she didn't have anything else to do today. Maybe she could drop by and see Regina. She waved goodbye to her coworkers and headed to her bug. She knew where Acoma street was, she often was called in to patrol the area because random people were parked in the residents spot way too often. It was in a neighborhood of Denver known as The Golden Triangle. The Golden Triangle was one of the most wealthy neighborhoods in Denver. A 1 bedroom apartment there would cost at least 3 months worth of pay for her. So the rich residents weren't t keen in having a lowly Honda where their Porsche or Tesla should be. Regina must still be loaded, not that that ever really mattered to her.

"Is this a good idea?" She thought out loud as she started driving.

It had been a long night. Decade long secrets told. Feelings resurfaced (but to be honest had they ever really left). Maybe Regina had just said those things to cure a guilty conscience? Maybe she really meant it? Either way Emma knew one thing, she wanted her best friend back.

It was a short drive to Acoma street. She parked in the employee section of the particular apartment building, as everyone knew her as the cop that gave them a break every once in awhile.

"Officer Swan! How are you today?"

She smiled at the security guard and waved, "Amber, how many times have I told you? I'm flattered you thinkI'm an officer, but I'm just a police technician," she laughed.

Amber laughed, "Well Technician Swan just doesn't sound as cool."

Emma nodded and chuckled, "I guess you're right. How's your wife doing?"

"Great! She's super excited to meet our donor next month. You finally decide to settle down yet?"

The blonde shrugged and blushed a bit as she ran her hand through her hair, not answering the question.

"Ohhh, ok ok. I got my answer. Don't have to tell me. How can I help you today. You don't usually come inside."

Her blush died down and she cleared her throat and fixed her shirt, "I'm just here to check on a resident."

"You know the number?"

She nodded, "815."

Amber raised an eyebrow as she looked the name up on her computer, "Do you know the resident? Because, I like you Emma but I can't just let you inside without a warrant?"

"Technically you can let me inside the building but not her apartment. Also I'm not authorized to do things like that, as I am just a Police Technician. But you don't have to worry, I'm not here on police business, we're old friends."

"You know Regina Mills?"

"Mhm."

"It's policy to call up any visitors, so I'm just going to try and reach Miss Mills now."

"Thanks."

She waited as Amber used the intercom to reach Regina's apartment. It rang for a bit, but eventually she picked up.

"Yes?"

"Miss Mills, I have visitor down here for you. Just need you to validate."