Chapter 1 - Appearance

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝓿

BEEP BEEP

I grumbled, waking from my slumber. I looked over at my alarm clock, realizing it was the first day in a new school.

I think it was Nekoma?

I'm not sure but I really didn't care as long as they weren't my old teammates from Aoba Johsai.

I slowly sat up and walked to go get changed. I yawned and bumped into my older brother, Morisuke.

"Are you ready to go to school"

"Yeah..."

"I know your afraid of it, but I promise I wont let it ever happen again"

"Yeah, thanks, I'm just scared that I wont be able to play volleyball again"

"I know your hesitant, but do you want to go to my practice after school?"

"I-"

"Please?"

Mori looked at me with puppy dog eyes and attempted a pout.

"Alright, alright, just stop with the constipated look"

"..."

"..."

"WHAT"

Mori lunged at me and proceeded to chase me around the house until I wheezed and offered to make him bento in exchange for him not kicking me. He finally agreed and told me when his practice was. I sighed when I realized I had to meet a new class. I ate my breakfast and prepared the two bento's. I put on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, as I didn't have to wear the uniform on the first day, so I took advantage of the last day of sweet, sweet freedom. I grabbed my backpack and called for my brother, handing him his food as we walked out.

"What are you wearing?"

"Its called freedom"

"It wouldn't kill to wear something decent."

"Fine, fine ill change"

I walked back into the house and proceeded to change into a pair of leggings and a put on a loose sweater.

I walked back out and I grabbed my old volleyball bag on the way.

"Why do you need that?"

I shrugged " Because I might play with your team for shits and giggles"

"...What?"

"You heard me, now lets go"

He trailed behind me looking pissed, and we finally made it to school.

"So this is Nekoma eh?"

"Yeah no shit Edeline"

I feigned a look of hurt and said goodbye to my brother, promising that I would see him at practice. I walked to the Vice Principle's office to pick up my schedule. I knocked on his door.

"Come in"

"Hey..."

"Oh, you must be the new student, come in!"

I walked in and sat down, pulling a seat up.

"Ok, lemme see, Edeline Yaku? The Top Ace in Japan?!"

"Uh, yes?"

"OH MY GOD-"

"hey hey hey ( cough Bokuto cough), I haven't played volleyball in a while-"

"BUT STILL-"

"SHH! I don't want people to know!"

"Oh, anyways ill show your class to you"

He proceeded to go to Class 1-A, which was the hardest class in the first year hallway. He peeked in and got the teachers attention. She introduced herself as Mrs. Mizuki.

"You must be Edeline, the top ace in Japan!"

"Wait I-"

"THE TOP ACE?!"

I whipped my head around to see a really tall boy with brown hair, and the best I could describe him was a big man child.

"Yeah...."

"OMG I WANT TO PRACTICE WITH YOU AND BLOCK YOUR SPIKES"

he proceeded to jump up and down while ranting about how good you were, which earned a couple of awed faces in the classroom.

"Alright Inuoka, settle down" said Mrs. Mizuki

This Inuoka kid, pouted a little and sat in his seat.

Mrs. Mizuki then faced the class with me by her side

"As you may have heard, our new student, Yaku Edeline, is the top ace in Japan, and she transferred here from Aoba Johsai. Please be nice to her and welcome her."

I bowed

"Please take care of me!"

The class all yelled their welcomes and Mrs. Mizuki then showed me to my seat, which was next to Inuoka.

"Are you related to Morisuke?"

"Yeah he's my older brother"

"Oh really? Does he kick you?"

I was shocked. "How do you know?"

"Well", Inuoka said as he scratched the back of his neck, "He kicks his teammates, especially Lev."

"........ w h a t "

Inuoka paled at my facial expression, the same stare that made my opponents tremble in fear. My old teammates called it the "Ice Storm"

"Wh-Why are you making that face" Inuoka trembled

"HE KICKS HIS OWN TEAMATES??!" I roared

The rest of the class turned around at my outburst and I quickly calmed down and apologized quickly and then I had to take care of the scared Inuoka.

"Im sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, its just I'm really mad at my brother for kicking you."

"I-Its ok, its just that I didn't expect you to look so angry"

"Im sorry, please forgive me, Yaku kicks me all the time and its very rude for him to kick his teammates, ill kill him at practice later."

"Your coming to practice?"

"Yeah, I want to start practicing again, I hope it wont bother your teammates."

"No, no" He shook his hands in front of him, "I think coach would be very appy to know the top ace in Japan is practicing with us!"

I scratched my neck, "Its not really a big deal..."

"Not a big deal?!!why don't you think your good?" He questioned.

"I failed my teammates when they needed me the most"

He noticed my saddining features and he decided I needed a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, and I stiffened up. I slowly relaxed and I returned the affection.

"Hey Yaku"

"Call me Edeline"

"Ok, Edeline, will you be ok?"

"Yeah"

He released me from the iron tight hug and gave me a sad look

"Im really looking forward to our practice Edeline"

"Me too"

We faced forward as the class started

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!

Author speaking here! This is a first for me, so please tell me how it was! I hope to finish this story as soon as possible, so I hope to make this book a good one. Have a great day and please comment how I did!

-Author Chan :)