Chapter 23- Mood

Hey guys! This chapter is dedicated to one of my readers, @gabbergabbs , please enjoy! 😊

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

Over the next few weeks at the camp, Edeline's performance on the court began to decrease. The coaches, especially the players noticed her change in mood. Coaches would constantly ask her if she was ok, and she would only wave them off, assuring them nothing happened. She would constantly space out, causing her to be hit in the face a lot.

 The coaches eventually just told her to sit out. She was miserable, hurting. She couldn't understand why Lev would turn on her so quickly. Was it something she did? Did he just not trust her?

She slowly began to detach herself from reality, her mind wrapped in hurt. She told herself over and over again it wasn't her fault, but a little part in the back of her mind still believed that. That shard of doubt caused her to beat herself over the last few days, making her mental state even worse. The Inarizaki team tried to comfort her, even Kita, but they still didn't know what was going on. 

"What do you think happened?" Atsumu asked his twin brother.

"I don't know, and it's not my business unless she tells us." He replied blandly. He tried showing no emotion, but deep down he was worried for their friend.

Atsumu frowned, glancing at the (H/C) girl. She hated to see his friend upset, and hated it even more when he couldn't do anything about it. He watched as she packed the futon up and grabbed her bag. She didn't even spare a glance at the boys, who were staring at her. She stepped outside into the warm night air, inhaling the refreshing air, letting it fill her lungs.

She stepped onto the bus, making a beeline to the back. She shoved the baggage into the upper compartment, slumping into her seat. She immediately put on her headphones and stared out the window, waiting for the bus to leave. She felt the seat next to her weigh down, and she saw Kita looking at her, eyebrows furrowed in concern. She just shrugged, and turned up her music.

Tourtured Soul

----------------------------------------------------------

(Bold is the song, the italic is her thoughts)

Baby doll keeps me up at night
I fell in love with your soft brown eyes
I toss and turn almost everynight
Insomnia is hard enough to fight

'What did I do to deserve this?'

Whiskey taste is on my breath
Part of me is scared to death
What if I told you the truth?
But I chase you down with 90 proof

'Why do bad things keep happening to me?'

One more sip for a tortured soul
Your diggin' my heart in deeper hole
And a thousand thoughts going through my mind
Cigarettes keep it occupied

'This is my punishment right?'

Damn babydoll's got so much light
But damn babydoll's got so much fight
Your cold sometimes, with a lot of bite
Just one smile keeps me satisfied

'I lose my grip on reality sometimes.'

One more sip for a tortured soulYour diggin' my heart in deeper hole
And a thousand thoughts going through my mind
Cigarettes keep it occupied