Chapter 15- Barbecue

Hey guys! Hope your doing well! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 

It was 5:00 in the morning, outside still draped in darkness when Edeline awoke. She was wrapped tight around Lev. She wiggled out of the cage and tiptoed out of the room. She walked over to the kitchen with the other managers. The coaches sat them down explaining what was going to happen that day.

"Today we're going to hold something special for the boys. We've decided that we're having a barbecue! We have already ordered the supplies, they should come around noon." 

The managers cheered, and they were sworn to secrecy. They went back to their rooms to change and get ready to make breakfast. They went back to the kitchen to start the cooking. They talked amongst themselves, giggling. The only person who wasn't paying attention was Edeline, who was deep in thought.

"Edeline are you ok?" Yukie asked.

Edeline shook her head, waving them off any concerns.

"No, I've just been thinking about something."

They looked at her expectantly, waiting silently. 

"Its just I think I have a crush on someone"

All the girls started squealing, quickly hushing themselves. They all gathered around Edeline, waiting for a verdict. 

"Its Lev"

(cue a lot of girly screams)

"He's really nice, funny, and kinda childish" She giggled. "But I don't think he likes me in that way" her face falling.

"Now you don't know that" Kaori pouted.

"Yeah! What she said!" Yachi said while jumping. Kiyoko put her hand on Yachi's shoulder to calm her down.

"You don't know unless you ask" Kiyoko murmured.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, Edeline turning pink. She shook her head.

"No, no, I don't think I could do that" She chuckled hands in front of her.

"You don't know that! I have a idea. How about we get a player to ask him for us, to see what happens!" Yachi said.

Everyone nodded, facing Edeline. They all had the same person in mind.

*

*

*

*

*

Unbeknownst to them, Lev was down the hall, walking to the bathroom, attention captured by the voices. He walked over to the canteen, overhearing the conversation.

so she likes someone huh? I wonder who it is.

He heard footsteps coming towards him. Freaking out, he ran to the bathroom. Edeline poked her head out, looking around.

"Huh, I could've sworn.."

(Time skip)

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

We just finished our last game with Shinzen High, scoring 25-21. Everyone was drinking water and toweling themselves off, I approached Kenma. 

"Hey Kenma?"