Chapter 6- Headphones

Hey peeps! Hope you guys are doing good!

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

I sighed, staring at my ceiling. I've sat here for hours trying to go to sleep, lost in my thoughts. I had expected Mori to come back, but he still hasn't responded to my messages. I assumed he was hanging out with his friends. I grunted sitting up. If I wasn't going to sleep, might as well practice, right? I grabbed my clothes and quickly changed. I walked out the door putting my headphones on. I sighed at the silence, and my ears were filled with music.

I remember it now, it takes me back to when it all first started
But I've only got myself to blame for it, and I accept it now

Why didn't I look out on that fateful day? 

Was I stupid or something? 

I should've let her taken the ball. 

I should've looked out better.

it's time to let it go, go out and start again
But it's not that easy

Memories haunted me ever since that day came back like a tidal wave. They hit me one by one, tearing me apart with the words. Hoping that I could forget, each one coming back.

Your not needed on this team anymore

How could you do that, you should've looked out

But I've got high hopes, it takes me back to when we started
High hopes, when you let it go, go out and start again

you did it

its your fault

you killed her

I let a tear slip out of my reach

drip

drip 

drip

I froze, fists clenching, hoping they would stop. I rubbed them out and l took a deep breath.

And in my dreams, I meet the ghosts of all the people who have come and gone

 I walked into the gym, surprised that the door was open. Did they forget to close it? I shrugged, putting down my keys, grabbing a volleyball out of the cart. I tested it in my hands making sure there were no flaws. Taking a deep breath, I threw it in the air, taking steps. as soon as I reached the line, it hit it with all my might.

WHAM

I walked other to the other side of the court inspecting it. As expected I had made a black mark. Returning to the other side of the court, I grabbed another ball as the one I had used busted.

WHAM

Believe I've got high hopes

WHAM

It takes me back to when we started

𝓛𝓮𝓿'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

"Hey Yaku, how did I do?"

"Jesus calm down were changing, and you weren't shitty today" Yaku grumbled.

"Ok!" 

I started running around to the others asking how I did today, and all of them responded with "Not too bad"

I was about to speak to Kuroo before we were interuppted. 

WHAM

The ground shook, scaring all of us.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT"

"I DON'T KNOW"

"HOLY SH**"

Inuoka hid underneath the bench visibly shaking. Kuroo was looking around, seeing what happened. Yamamoto peeked out of the door, trembling.

WHAM

Yamamoto shut the door and started shaking, turning around.

"What  was it Yamamoto?" I asked.

"M-Manager"

I raised my eyebrow opening the door, and my jaw dropped.

There was Edeline, serving with the force of a spike, the ball hitting the wall before i could even see it. I took a look at the court, littered with black marks and broken volleyballs, which I had assumed were in the path of her destruction. I closed the door turning back to the boys.

"What was that?" Kurro asked

"It was Edeline" I sighed. Shes broken about half of the volleyballs and we should probably stop her sooo.."

Kuroo walked into the gym, with the other boys. She either didnt notice us or couldent hear us, because she grabbed the last volleyball in the cart, weighing in her hand, breathing something into it. She looked up, throwing it and setting up for a serve. She jumped and hit it with nger in her eyes.

WHAM

It hit the ground with so much force, the ball exploded on inpact, scaring Yaku. He was about to approch her, but she hit the ground and started crying. 

silence

I decided to say something first.

"Edeline?"

Her head whipped up staring me right in the eye, sending shivers down my spine. She got up and walked towards me. I started backing away but she leaned her head against my chest. I was suprised, but I said nothing. I looked at Yaku with 'what am i supposed to do?' eyes. He just shrugged, just as confused as me. I hesitently wrapped my arms. I felt her stiffen, then slowly wrap her arms around my waist.

She took a deep breath and looked up in my eyes. She sighed and smiled turning to the rest of the team.

"Im sorry for the mess, ill clean it up."

She let go of me, making me suddenly ache for her touch, and i didn't know why. She walked to the other side of the court, picking up the broken volleyballs, dumping them into the trashcan. She turned to us and took off her headphones, smirking.

"So you boys want pork buns?"

----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Author Chan here, sorry this was a short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer.

Take care and wash your hands!