Chapter 9- Remembrance

Hey guys! Hope your doing well!

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

I sighed, tapping my pencil against the desk. The teacher handed us a pop quiz, which was easy because I had already learned this in America. The bell rang signaling the end of the class. I handed it to the teacher, leaving toward to gym. I was about to turn the corner, but unfortunately I ran into the last person I wanted to see.

"Hey slut"

"What did I do this time?" I said while cocking my head.

She chuckled "Oh Edeline, Edeline," She said while shaking her head. "You think I wouldn't know that you slept with the whole volleyball team when I told you specifically not to go near them?"

"It was a sleepover for my brother, who if you forgot, is on the volleyball team,"

"So you think I didn't see you on the roof with Lev?"

I froze. She knew about that? How?

"What?"

"Yeah, I saw you with him."

"Now you'll pay"

She raised her hand, and i braced for inpact. It never came.

"L-Lev!"

I turned around to see the green eyed boy. 

"Edeline, what's happening?" I tried to respond but Anaya beat me to it.

"She was trying to hurt me!"

Lev cocked a eyebrow, tilting his head.

"Oh really? Then why did I see you raising your hand against her?"

Anaya opened and closed her mouth like a fish. She turned away, not before hissing me a warning.

'You better watch you back, I'll get you' . She turned on her heel and walked away. I turned back to Lev, giving him a silent thank you.

"Ill see you at practice"

"No wait Edeline" Lev grabbed my hand.

"Why are you letting her do that?"

"What can I do? There isn't anything to do!"

Lev froze, understanding my words. He let go of my hand, looking down at his feet.

"I-I just can't let this happen to you!" He said while tears were dripping down his face.

"Oh Lev..." I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, pulling him close. He returned the hug, bending down to cry into my shoulder. I patted his back until the sniffles recceded. 

"Hey Lev, lets go to practice, eh?"

He let go, nodded, and he slowly strode away. I took one last glance at him and ran to the gym.

(Time Skip)

"Hey Edeline!"

I turned around to see Coach Nekomata waving me over.

"Yes?"

"The Fukurodani team will be here shortly, can you make sure the lodging will be ready?"

I nodded, turning to go to the building. I arrived, checking the four rooms, one for the team, one for the coaches, one for our team, and one for our coaches. I checked the number of futons, and I left. When I arrived at the gym, they had arrived.