Chapter 5

As I entered the room where Saru was supposed to be, I was welcomed by a rather terrifying sight

Saru was lying down on a hospital bed with bandages around his head, arms, and legs. He was supported by an oxygen ventilator and a feeding tube.

The machine that indicates his heartbeat was beeping at a slow pace.

Saru looked like he was suffering. Many tubes was connected to his body. I could still see his small scratches and wounds. Some parts of his body had stitches on it.

The sight was enough to make me cry again.

"Sakura, stay here. I have to talk to somebody outside." my mother said as she put her hand on my shoulder after taking a single glance from Saru.

I nodded as she went out of the room. I have a feeling that Mom didn't want to see Saru like this that's why she decided to look away now.

Well, I couldn't exactly blame her. I was deeply pained when I saw my brother just now.

I approached the side of Saru's bed. As I caught the closer view of him, I saw that his face had lots of cuts and bruises. His left eye had a black eye even.

I sat on a chair and held my brother's left hand. It was warm. It was soft, considering that this was not his dominant hand.

Saru's hand was still warm. It's like it was saying, "I'm still here, fighting."

"Hey, Saru," I started saying, knowing that Saru wouldn't probably hear me but I still continued. "I never got the chance to say this so I'm saying this now. We won the finals!"

I forced my lips to smile at him. It was cut short for it was immediately replaced by a frown.

"Our opponents were the Date Tech. I gotta say, they were hard to compete against!" I explained as I raised my arms upward, emphasizing how hard it is to play against them.

"They have tall spikers and blockers! I was seriously intimidated! But their setter was panicking a little so their tosses wasn't that perfect."

"And, and I was the one who scored the final point which brought our victory!" I jumped from my chair a little as I flail my arms around.