Chapter 8

"Sakura!" Yuka shouted as Kumi was about to slam the ball in our court

"Sakura!" Yuka shouted as Kumi was about to slam the ball in our court. I quickly dragged my feet and as soon as the ball was going to hit the ground my arms caught it.

I smirked as the ball went up nicely as Yuka tossed the ball with Hiroki spiking it. The other team's block was delayed so it hit their court. 

It was now our twenty-forth score and the other team with the score of twenty.

"That was a nice receive, Sakura-chan!" Yuka smiled sweetly at me as she clasped her hands together.

"Well done." Hiroki said as he lifted his fist while I fist bumped it.

"Thanks!" I grinned very widely at the compliments I was receiving from them. 

Kumi laughed very loudly with hands on her hips, "As expected of my student!" she laughed once again.

"Kumi-san, you're not her mentor. You suck at teaching." Kenzo said bluntly with a sweet smile on his face. Kumi rolled up in the corner, hugging her legs to her chest while emitting a dark depressing aura around her.

"That's a sick roast," I heard my mother mumble. "Anyway, the match is still on going and the other team hasn't won yet, have they?"

My mother was smirking at me, sending her competitive vibes to our side of the court. I smirked back as I bend my knees. It's now Yuka's serve.

Five months flew very fast. I got the hang of being the libero of the team. I could now receive spikes and bring them to our setter effortlessly.

I've been good with dig receives and other things a libero does. It's fun, actually. But I didn't know if my skill level was even close to Saru's. But, I'm going to train more.

I've also tried to block follow-up, though I'm still getting the hang of it but I was almost there.

I could see the ball more clearly now. Sometimes, I thought the ball was even going on slow motion even if it was traveling at a speed of one hundred miles per hour. 

Even my body shaped went into a whole new level. I'm not as slender as I used to be, but I got myself some abdominal muscles. My shoulders broaden a bit. My arms and legs acquired more muscle.