Chapter 7

"Oi Sakura! If you want to be a libero you should do a better dig than that!" Mom shouted at me when I didn't beautifully received her powerful jump serve

"I'm sorry! One more!" I shouted as I bend my knees waiting for the next spike.

Who knew receiving and digging would be this hard. Saru was really good at maintaining this.

I didn't expect Mom to instantly agree to what I said to her a few days back. I was surprised actually that she's supporting me to do this. I thought she would disapprove.

"I'll go to Karasuno and sign up in their boys' volleyball team. I'll engrave the name 'Saru Nakahara' in the volleyball history as the champion libero in the Miyagi Prefecture. If Saru can't use his body to play, he can use mine to reach his ambitions. I'll definitely fulfill Saru's dream!"

Mom was shocked when I said those. But it was immediately turned into a smile.

"I'm amazed at you right now." she said as she patted my head. "I'll help you achieve Saru's dream. We'll do it together, okay?"

Mom did her powerful spike and I positioned myself to where the ball will hit. I watched the ball closely and received it perfectly.

But it was a long receive and it didn't go where the setter was supposed to be, it went to the other side of the court instead.

"That was a good receive. But if you don't control the impact and where the ball will go, that will be a serious problem for the team." Mom commented.

"Y-yes!" I said. Since I was the setter of the team, all I did was toss the ball. Of course I didn't totally suck at receiving but rather I was more skilled in setting than receiving.

Mom started walking towards me and stared at me for a few seconds.

"Always make sure your arms are equal. If one arm is higher or lower than the other, you're gonna mess up your receive." Mom said this as she adjusted my arms.

"Okay!" I said as Mom went back to the other side of the court.

Mom was currently training me to be a libero by developing my footwork and movement, improving my agility, connecting with the setter, making my body flexible, and polish my coordination.