Chapter 17

Once bell rang, I quickly grabbed my stuff and went straight to the club room

Once bell rang, I quickly grabbed my stuff and went straight to the club room. Nobody was there when I twisted the doorknob to open the door. 

So, I quickly changed into my club clothes which consisted of a plain white shirt, black shorts, and white gym shoes with blue accents.

I slid the gym door open and I was greeted by the captain, some third-years, and the other second-years. "Good afternoon!"

"Good afternoon!" I greeted back as I bowed my body.

"Oh, Nakahara. You're earlier than the other first-years. Good work." Daichi smiled as he slapped my back lightly. "T-thanks."

"Daichi, Nakahara is always early during practice you know?" Sugawara said as he scratched his cheek using his finger.

"Eh? Really?" Daichi turned his head to Sugawara who just nodded his head. Daichi turned his head back to me, blinking a few times. 

Then he just smiled as he patted my back once again. "Good work, Nakahara. Keep it up."

"Yes!" I half-shouted as I straighten up my body. "That's because I just don't want to change clothes with you guys." I thought inside my head.

The iron door made a creaking and squeaking noise, indicating that someone opened the doors. I turned and saw Nishinoya and Tanaka by the entrance.

"Yo, everyone!" Nishinoya greeted enthusiastically as he waved his arm in an exaggerated manner.

"Afternoon!" Tanaka greeted, hands literally inside his shorts pretending to have his hands in his "pockets".

Kurokawa told us to set the net and get the balls so we could get started when we're finished warming up. 

Everybody was already inside the gym but the gym door opened once again.

And there it revealed Ennoshita. 

Everybody was surprised at his sudden appearance. Ennoshita's expression was somewhat determined. 

He then suddenly bowed his body and began apologizing. "I-I'm sorry if I skipped! Please let me practice!"

"Ennoshita!" I called out to him as I began to approach him, a big smile present on my face.