Chapter 15

"Come and move those lazy legs of yours!" Coach Ukai shouted as he spiked the ball to the spot on my right

The ball was fast, but I was faster. I dug to receive the ball. I caught it and brought it where the setter was suppose to be. 

The heat and exhaustion was getting into me. I didn't stand up immediately, instead I stayed laying down on my stomach on the floor wiping the sweat threatening to drop using the back of my hand.

"After five years of not coaching this team, this is what I get?!" Coach Ukai began to yell again. "All of you are moving lousy!"

I clicked my tongue as I forced my tired body to stand. Once I regained my footing, I bend my knees and shouted, "One more!"

"That's the spirit." Coach Ukai yelled at me as he spiked the ball towards my direction. Before I knew it, the ball already landed on my arms and it went up nicely.

"Good." he commented my receiving. I was panting heavily. My body felt heavy, especially my legs. Sweat enveloped my entire body soaking both of my clothes and chest binder.

"Take a thirty-minute break!" he announced as he stepped down his small chair. He went out of the gym and told us he'd be staying at his grandson's store which was nearby. 

My breathing became more even but my heavy body gave up and I laid on my back in the middle of the court.

I looked at the ceiling while I rested and relaxed my muscles. Suddenly, Nishinoya's head popped out from nowhere. He was crouching and looking down at me.

"Saru!" he grinned widely at me. "Are you alright?"

I panted a little, "Yeah."

"Here," he offered his hand so he could help me stand up. I reached for it and grabbed it but I lack the energy to stand up so I stayed laying on the floor. "I can't... stand up."

"You're that tired, huh?" he straighten up and put his hands on his hips. "Jeez, what am I going to do with you?"

He then grabbed my right foot and began pulling me across the gym. "Whee...!"