Chapter 6

My eyes widen a bit after I processed what he just opened up to me

"Her name was Aki. I call her Aki Nee-san. She was healthy. She looked healthy. But what we didn't knew that she had a lung cancer few months back."

Takuhiro wasn't looking at me, he was rather looking at something in front of him that I was not seeing.

"It was already in its fourth stage when we found out. The tumors were found all over her body. She was... slowly dying."

Takuhiro had his eyebrows furrowed now, like he was remembering a rather painful memory.

"It was clear that she was suffering. The doctors gave us a choice, let her suffer more by living or cut her life support off so she could die a painless death."

A tear fell from his face. He wiped it using the back of his hand. He sniffed before speaking.

"Before we could decide what we'll do to her, Aki Nee-san said that she'll fight her disease. She was... smiling so widely. She was so bright even though her life span was shortening."

Many tears started flowing down his face. He continuously wiped the tears using thw two of his hands. I grabbed my handkerchief from my pocket and gave it to him.

He looked at it for a long time before getting it and wiping his tears with it.

"After few days she said that, she left this world with a smile on her face. It was the most painful thing I ever saw in my life." he started hiccuping but still continued speaking.

"I was already... a doctor back... then. But even though, I couldn't save my... sister. And now, I'm sorry if... I couldn't save your brother... properly." he had hiccups in between his words.

His face and words had this pain he was keeping inside him for a long time. Even though I was just listening to his words, I could feel his pain inside me.