Chapter 19

The bell rang loudly, indicating that it was already lunch time

The bell rang loudly, indicating that it was already lunch time. Chatter and grinding of metal feet of chairs against the floor erupted in the whole room as everybody made their way to the cafeteria. 

The teacher went out without a word, leaving us with nothing, not even homework or other school activities and such. 

I was clearing my desk and putting all of our stuff inside my bag when suddenly Nishinoya who was placed quite far away from my desk immediately stood up like a soldier. 

He just stood straight and looked somewhere ahead of him before stomping his way out of the room. I decided to follow him but girls in my class started to trap me in my desk.

"Hey Nakahara-kun, are you going to the cafeteria?" one girl asked, she had short hair and I admitted she was cute. But sorry to say sister, I'm one of your kind. 

"I uh, I have to go to the bathroom." I forced a smile at the girls as I went pass them. They all responded with "Aw..." and I just rolled my eyes at them. There's no way in hell I'll be doing cannibalism. 

I quickly jogged my way out of the room and began looking at both sides of the corridor. There was no sign of him. I gently hit my forehead using my fist for ideas of where Nishinoya might have gone. 

"If I was Nishinoya, where would I go...?" I mumbled to myself as I walked along the long hallway, glancing at every classroom hoping I could find him. 

Suddenly, after remembering the events that happened yesterday I thought I know where he would go.

I immediately dashed along the corridor and hoped on the stairs on a fast rate. As I reached the top of the stairs, I took a moment to catch my breath. Nishinoya has got to be here in the second-years' floor. 

I walked, still glancing everywhere to find the familiar mop of spiky brown hair. I turned on the right turn and I saw Nishinoya's back just ahead of me. Asahi was in front of him, looking down at the libero with a neutral expression but with slightly pinched eyebrows. 

"Why didn't you show up at club yesterday?" I heard Nishinoya growled. Since there was some pretty long distance away from us, what he said was almost inaudible.