Chapter 9

First Year of High School:

As soon as classes were finally done and the last bell for today rang, I quickly put on my maroon gym clothes and made my way to the gymnasium where volleyball club activities were being held.

I opened the door and a lot of second and third years welcomed my eyes. I continued to look around, it seemed like I was the only first year in the building.

Three people started to approach me. One had dark brown hair that was slightly swept upward and dark eyes with eyebags, one had short brown hair and brown eyes with a really muscular build, and the last had light grey hair and hazel-brown eyes with a mole under his left eye. 

"You're one of the first-years applying?" the one with eyebags asked me. "Y-yes!"

He looked down at his paper and let out a big sigh, "Where are the others? They are supposed to be eight first-years."

"Woah! Eight! That's a lot! Karasuno sure is amazing!" I exclaimed to myself.

The sound of the gym door opening caught my attention. Five people appeared and started to go where I was positioned. One of them seemed familiar, it felt like I met him somewhere else before.

"Good, there's already six. We can start with the introductions." the person who asked me earlier said. The six of us lined up horizontally and stood up straight. "I'm Hiroki Kurokawa. I'm a third year and the captain of the team." 

"Oh! That's Kurokawa of Hiro Junior High! I heard his spikes were really amazing!"

The one with brown hair and muscular build who was standing beside Kurokawa smiled at us as he put his hands on his hips. "I'm Daichi Sawamura. I'm a second year."

The one with light grey hair waved at us as he flashed a sweet smile. "I'm Koushi Sugawara. I'm a second year. Nice to meet you all."

"That's a lot of first-years," Another individual approached us and stood next to Sugawara. He had medium-length brown hair that he kept swept backward, dark brown eyes, and a short scruff growing on his chin. "My name is Asahi Azumane. I'm a second year. Nice to meet you."