Chapter 12

"Hey Saru," Nishinoya jogged as he called out to me

"Hey Saru," Nishinoya jogged as he called out to me. "Yeah?"

He stopped walking, and even talking. He looked down at the gym's wooden floors. He blinked a few times before speaking again.

"Um, have we... met before?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. I set down the tumbler I was drinking and faced him. "You met me here in Karasuno."

"No, no. More like... uh..." his eyebrows were now furrowed and he was moving all of his fingers as he was trying to explain his thoughts. It looked like he was having trouble.

"Um... it's just, you looked familiar. Even your surname seemed familiar. So I was wondering if we met somewhere before."

Now I'm more confused. "Well we fought each other during our middle school years. Maybe that's what you're talking about."

I just hoped that Saru and Nishinoya didn't crossed paths back then because I'll be in big trouble if they have been acquaintances or friends since then.

But I think that's not the case because Nishinoya didn't knew my name, well Saru's name, when I came here to Karasuno.

"Ah no, no. That's not it. More like... ugh! Why can't I remember it properly?!" he complained to his memories as he ruffled his hair violently using the two of his hands. He was also shouting his lungs out.

This continued for a few seconds until he suddenly stopped ruining his hair and shouting loudly. 

Nishinoya looked up at me as he straighten his body. He was smiling, it looked like he remembered something and now he was satisfied in it.

"I kinda remember now! Did we meet when we were kids?"

Certain memories came rushing through my mind. It was the day I ran from home and got lost. Nishinoya found me and he was the most scaredy-cat person I ever met in my entire life.

Who would have thought that that child was the one who was standing in front of me right now?

He smiles so damn brightly, he talks and shouts so irritatingly loudly, and he's literally the best libero I ever encountered in my years of playing.