CHAPTER 22

I'm alive. I can't say the same for others. As an avid fan and follower of the laws of Karma and reincarnation, I was pretty familiar with this whole song and dance. Sometimes I took the lead, and then Death would rudely cut in! Now I like to believe that I am not one to get swept away by this illusion called life, but I do every once in a while.

I see the enticing lure of success beckon me. I can smell the perfume of wealth wafting through the air. I don't mind indulging in the silliness of it all. After all, don't we all enjoy things that are bad for us? I know that this life is an illusion, and how else can I bide my time here? It gets boring after a while. Aren't we put here to act like complete idiots anyway?

Now Death, on the other hand, is a sneaky little bugger. We feel horrible for several reasons when we hear someone has passed away. The first is that you knew the person and would miss them. The second is that if it happened to them, it could happen to you; in fact, it will happen to you; you just don't know when or how. The third reason is that you are filled with regret over the many things you have still not achieved and wanted to do or say, and finally, who the hell wants to die? It's not something we look forward to, no matter how hard life knocks our teeth in!