Cat potion-part 3

(Ritchie's pov)
His brother was speaking to the glowing rock again, before he walked over to Ritchie, lifting him up off the ground effortlessly. The younger brother leaned closer to the adult, with a soft smile on his face.
"You need to listen to me very carefully, okay?"
"Okieeeee!"
"Now, the whole guild is going to a party and I don't trust anyone enough to watch over you, so you're coming with us."
"Yay!" he started clapping his hands together, his eyes sparkling due to excitement.
Chuckling at this reaction, Brandon headed towards the door and downstairs, continuing to hold the toddler in his arms. As they neared the dock, several people came into view, which included the scary people from before. Upon seeing them, Ritchie began to cling tightly to his brother's poncho.

"Heya boss." a man, who was just in his boxers, greeted the two of them.
"Why are you bringing a child to a party?" a familiar deep voice asked.
"This is Ritchie."
"Wait that's actually him???!"
"Yes and I'm not leaving him here."
"I could watch him." the almost naked man from before stepped forward.
"NO!" Brandon snapped angrily, frightening his brother with his tone.
"Why not?"
"Because you are irresponsible, so I would NEVER trust you with the most important person in my life." he growled.
"Bwother you're scaring me." Ritchie whined, covering his face with his hands. The guild leader's facial expression softened, gently rocking the toddler in his arms back and forth.
"It's okay, I'm not gonna yell anymore."
Whilst this was happening, the entire group around them was staring in awe.

"How is he so adorable?!" the short
blonde girl squealed. She walked over to them, ignoring the glare Brandon was giving her.
"Look at how cuuuute he is!"
When the older brother was about to threaten her, he was interrupted by Ritchie giggling.
"And you're pwetty."
"Awwwww!!!!" she looked like she was about to explode from happiness. Suddenly, she became very nervous, clearing her throat slightly and speaking with a quiet voice.
"Can I hold him?"
"I'm not sure about tha-"
"Ya!" Ritchie reached towards her, as a huge smile spread across his face. Hesitantly, Brandon handed his brother over to her, making sure she was holding him correctly.
"Alright, time to go to this party. Kit you better be careful with him."
"Yes sir! Come on Ritchie, let's go on a boat ride!"
"Yey!!"

Eventually, after arriving on the mainland, they entered a magnificent building. The ceilings were extremely high, allowing large chandeliers to hang from them. There was already a crowd of people gathered inside a hall at the centre of the place. Several of them turned to greet the newcomers, immediately stopping themselves upon seeing Ritchie. A high pitched squeal that was even worse than Kit's echoed around the room.
"Omg he's soo tinyyyyy!"
A brunette girl charged towards them, her red dress flowing gracefully. She came to a halt directly infront of them.
"Wow! How did this happen?! Ya know what, it doesn't even matter! Can he stay like this forever? Can I hold him? Does he want something to eat?"
She pulled out a cookie, shoving it towards Ritchie.
"Kit is she mean?"
The blonde seemed surprised that he remembered her name, but quickly gathered her composure, giving him a comforting smile.

"No she's not. Kay can just be a bit too much sometimes."
"Hey!"
The toddler flinched, burying his face in Kit's shoulder. She snarled at the other girl, rubbing Ritchie's back. A blue haired boy dragged Kay away from them, muttering something about her being too crazy. The whole crowd of people started to surround them, causing the toddler's breathing to elevate to an unhealthy speed.
"Hey guys, I know you're all curious or confused, but you're scaring him. Maybe just watched from afar, okay?"
Some of them didn't listen to Kit, so she flung a few balls of fire towards them. Luckily, that convinced them to take the hint and back off. However, one man continued to get closer. He was wearing dark clothes, matching his black hair, as well as the heavy bags under his eyes. For an unknown reason, Ritchie felt relaxed in his aura. Stopping infront of the pair, the man's eyes met with the toddler's, as both of them smiled at eachother.

"Heya buddy."
"Michael!"
"Wait how come he remembered him and not me?!" the half naked man from before screamed in the background. Ritchie began struggling to escape Kit's hold on him, attempting to reach Michael.
"Aw man, I was enjoying hugging him."
"M-Michael!" he continued to move around, nearly causing her to drop him, so she simply gave him to the man.

(No one's pov)
Soon the party was carrying on like before. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves or messing around, due to being drunk. The exception to this was a certain guild leader and toddler, who were both sat in the corner. Michael was currently playing with Ritchie, constantly surprising him and making him laugh loudly. Across the room, Brandon was concerned that he hadn't seen his brother since the beginning of the party, so he began searching for him. Ritchie let out a small yawn, resting his head on the god slayer's chest, causing the the adult to chucke.
"You tired?"
"Nu, you're comfy."
"Pfft, I'm not a pillow."
"Ya you are."
"No I'm not."
After not receiving a response for a few seconds, Michael glanced down, noticing that the toddler in his arms seemed to be asleep. His quiet snores and even breathing confirmed those suspicions.

"There you are!" Brandon's voice shattered the calming, isolated atmosphere the two of them had been in for several hours.
"Is he okay?"
"Yeah he's just tired."
"By the way, have you figured out a way to turn him back to normal?"
"Not yet, though he is insanely adorable like this."
"Heh, yeah he is. I'm surprised that he remembered you. Apart from me, he doesn't seem to know anyone."
Michael merely shrugged his shoulders, wrapping his arms around Ritchie.
"Maybe you should take him back to Divinus Magia. People are starting to get really drunk and rowdy...."
"Yeah, see ya later."
"See ya."

(Michael's pov)
Once the shadows disappeared from around them, the pair were standing in the shared room of the Diablos Twins. Quiet mumbling came from Ritchie in his sleep, whilst he gripped firmly onto Michael's clothes. The guild leader delicately placed him down onto the bed, trying and failing to separate himself from the toddler.
"Pwease stay M-mi....."
He swiftly became unconscious once more.
"Very well." Michael whispered, his lips curling slightly into a warm smile. It took him a few hours to fall asleep, so he just lied there, running his fingers through Ritchie's sapphire blue hair. As he was about to doze off, Brandon entered the room.
"Hey, you can go home how if you'd like." he spoke in a hushed tone, clearly afraid of awakening his brother. Surprisingly, the god slayer shook his head, gesturing for the other to go to bed. Feeling too tired to question this, Brandon merely flopped down onto his mattress, passing out a few seconds later. Michael looked down at Ritchie, knowing that if anyone even dared to touch the toddler without permission, he would gladly tear their soul from their body. Then he slowly let his eyes shut, as he allowed the darkness to consume him.

Hope you all enjoyed!