Red and blue go together(Fto 5)

(Ritchie's pov)
Everyone in the castle was asleep, as the two of us wandered through the deadly silent halls. When I was young, I remembered being terrified by the darkness of night, waiting for something to leap out to kill me. There were so many twists, turns and staircases that warped my home into a maze. Even the reassurance of my brother was never enough to calm my nerves at times like those. I would imagine countless monsters in every hiding spot, so I dragged a sword bigger than me throughout the castle, usually awakening everyone with its loud, echoey clangs upon the ground. This kept happening to the point where my parents would stay in my room with me until I fell asleep and confiscated any swords from the same part of the building as me.

However, now that I was exploring these halls with Devin, I found myself questioning how I ever felt afraid here. I was mindlessly chatting with him; every now and then I pointed out some random room along our way. All I could focus on was his adorable expression. He seemed so fascinated with everything I had to say, which was strange to say the least, seeing as most people couldn't even bare to take in one word that came out of my mouth. To be fair, he was nothing like anyone else on any sort of level. This little cutie has always been there for me no matter what, even if it felt like I was just being crazy. His words always echoed in my mind. "I'd be distraught if anything happened to you......It's okay that you're not perfect!" Suddenly, I felt something gently press itself against my left cheek, snapping me out of my thoughts and bringing me face to face with Devin.

"Hey, you okie? You just stopped and weren't saying anything." His eyes were full of concern, practically making me melt right there.
"S-sorry....guess I just zoned out, heh. Anyways, lets uhhh check out the kitchen!"
"Ritchie."
"What's wrong?"
"That's what I should be asking you. Are you sure that everything is okay? Something's seemed...off with you this whole tour and how come I'm the only one you've shown around?"
He seemed so persistent to know what was 'wrong', but I knew I could never tell him of all people. Despite having met so many mages, this was the first time I felt like I didn't have to be strong for someone else. Even with Flurry it seemed like the second I stopped being this big bad guy, was when I would lose her. I always had to at least try to protect everyone around me, even though I usually failed at it. Being around Devin was what I imagined it would be like for a blind man to regain his sight; it was so overwhelming and exciting and unbelievable and confusing all smashed together. I mean, we're talking about a person who can actually calm me down, so how can I not be surprised? I decided to tell him some stuff that was bothering me, leaving out the part about him of course.

"I'm just worried about my son....and I guess being here has affected me more than I thought it would."
He gave me a sympathetic look, placing his hands on my shoulders, before speaking to me in that comfortingly sweet voice of his.
"I'm sure your son will be just fine. If he's awake, then hopefully he will understand why you weren't there for a while. Plus, he does have Flurry, who I'm sure will be an amazing mum."
"Yeah....yeah, you're right, of course you're right." I gave him a small smile, which I could've sworn caused his cheeks to gain some colour. Shaking my head slightly, I ignored it, as it dawned on me how close we were and the way we were standing. It would only take him one nudge to have me pinned against the wall by my arms. I think he realised this too, for he abruptly dropped his hands to his side and backed away a little.
"S-so-sorry R-Ritchie!"

"Heh, it's fine. Anyways!!! Onto the rest of the tour!" I swiftly turned around, wanting to avoid giving away my true feelings. For the next twenty minutes, I was mostly silent, while Devin admired where my childhood took place. My brain felt like it was a tangled mess of wires that had the most important one frayed. What have you done to me Devin? Eventually we made it to my room; he seemed extremely eager yet nervous to go inside, though I decided to ignore that. Stepping through the doorway, a wave of memories hit me, but they felt off, due to how changed this place now was. It's like I'm watching some other kid's memories. I clenched my fists slightly, so that I could feel the soft material of my duvet slip through my fingers. Hold up, when did I get on my bed? Ugh this is all so weird. Two gorgeous ruby red eyes, that reflected the light as though they were freshly shined crystals, were directly infront of my face. My cheeks were on fire. My brain shut down. All I could do was blink slowly. The eyes became sad. No no no. That's not allowed. Be happy again.

"Ritchie....you're worrying me now...." he spoke softly to me, clearly aware that I kept zoning out. His hands were carefully cupping mine, as he knelt down infront of me.
"I'm fine, though can I ask you something?"
"Of course. You can talk to me about anything."
I sighed. He always knows just the right thing to say.
"Why do you care about me so much?"

(Devin's pov)
I couldn't believe he just asked me that. If I gave him the full answer, we would've been here for hours. Aw how cute. Oh wait I mean pathetic. Oh you can shut up Eden. Fine fine, I'll leave you alone to enjoy your date. Well, now that was out of the way, I needed to think of how to respond. Ritchie acted confident, but I knew he was the exact opposite when it came to how he saw himself, despite being the most amazing person I have ever met.
"I care about you so much, because while you may not be perfect, you are still one of the most incredible people I've had the honour to talk to, let alone become so close. I always feel....liberated around you...like I can truely be myself, ya know?"
He flashed me a quick smile that caused my heart to plummet down to my feet, then spring back up like it was stuck on an elastic band.

How can a smile be so gorgeous? It made the twinkle in his eyes even brighter then usual, reminding me of the crystal clear ocean back in Atlantide. His cheeks were tinted with a light pink blush. Curled upwards, his lips were practically begging me to kiss them. AH NO, BAD DEVIN, NO NO NO. Suddenly, Ritchie's smile dropped, being switched for a confused frown. You're such an idiot. I thought I told you to leave me alone? He was blushing. Even I know what that means. Wait...you're right! Okay, I need to stay calm. You're welcome. Whatever.
"Devin? Something wrong...?"
"What?! No!!! Ahem, I mean no."
Avoiding eye contact, I watched his muscles tense up, as he slowly let his hands fall away from mine.
"Hey, is something else on your mind?"
I received no verbal response; a simple shrug of the shoulders. A quiet sigh escaped from his lips, with his body clearly wanting to curl into itself.

"Devin....I care about you a lot, more than anyone I've known for a long time."
"Oh?"
He glanced at me to signal that I had interrupted his train of thought.
"Ah, sorry continue."
"Well, every time I start to feel this strongly about somone, I do something to mess it all up. I ruined Flurry's life....I don't want to do the same to you...."
His voice was dull, lacking any of its usual positivity or confidence. Reacting on instinct, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. Just hearing him be like this shattered my heart fiercer than any tears from him ever could.
"Ritchie, I would tell you if you ever did something to hurt me. Then we could work through it together, because that's the point of a relationship. We can support eachother and make sure we're both happy."
He gave me a genuine smile, full of that confidence that loved to radiate off him.

You gonna kiss him or what? Eden!!! What's throwing you off? You're sat on his bed together at night. You're alone. The stars and moon can be seen through the window. What more do you want? You have a point....
Being pulled back into reality, I could have sworn Ritchie had moved even closer to me. His eyes were burying themselves directly into mine. Acting on impulse, I darted fowards, connecting our lips for a brief, wonderful moment. Once I pulled away, I nervously glanced up to be met with his face looking like a literal tomato. I smirked at him and he lightly slapped me on the arm.
"Aw that's no fair!"
Nothing in the world could wipe the huge grin I now had off my face. I just kissed Ritchie Diablos. Hehe I really did that. Couldn't have done it without me. That makes sense seeing as I am a god after all. For the last time, you are NOT a god! Also I did this all on my own thankyou very much. Oh really? Okay fine, you helped a little.

"Devin?"
"Yes?"
"So uhhhh, are we like....a thing now or uhhh, I ummm.....I don't know you speak now-"
I couldn't help giggling at how awkward he was. Considering he tried flirting but instead called me red earlier, I can't expect much different from him. It was really cute though.
"If you want to be my boyfriend, then I'd be the happiest guy alive."
"Well then, I guess that's your official title now."
Smiling from ear to ear, I tried to pull him in for another kiss, though this time he beat me to it and this one was alot more passionate from his end. We pulled away due to needing this thing called oxygen. Stupid breathing.

"I love you Devin."
"I love you too Ritchie."