Scar

~Aizawa's POV~

Upon hearing Todoroki's cracking voice, I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the tea kettle, effectively stopping the noise.

"Shota! That was my tea!" Hizashi whined. "What's up with Shoto?" He added, emphasising the 'o'.

"That noise was disturbing him." I explained, emptying the boiling water down the sink.

"Why?" Hizashi looked like a confused puppy for a second.

"That's what we need to figure out." I replied. Thrusting the kettle at him, I ran back to the bedroom. Todoroki was still huddled on the floor, but the violent sobs had ceased only leaving trails of tears on his cheeks. His heterochromic eyes avoided my dark ones, obvious embarrassment flooding through his body.

"It's okay to cry." I murmured, while wrapping an arm around the subtly shaking form. He flinched for a second, before soaking into the hug.

A few minutes later

Todoroki had stopped shaking, so I decided to ask him what triggered this to hopefully avoided a future incident. 

"Shoto, do you want to tell me why that happened?" I whispered into his two-toned locks. I felt him tense in my arms, his eyes flashed with fear.

"Um, w-when I w-was younger..." He trailed off.

"It's okay, take you're time."

"M-my mum, she was on the phone and-and she w-was upset. I-I asked her about it a-and she h-had a k-kettle..." His hand raised to his scar once again and the dots connected for me. When I first saw him, I believed it was just from his fire and that was the reason he didn't use it. However, I had doubts when he used his fire against Midoriya and didn't get burnt. Suppressing the shock, I pulled him tighter into the embrace as sobs wracked his body once again.

So that's how Todoroki got his scar...