Counselling and Rules

~3rd POV~

Aizawa's heart pounded uncontrollably when he saw the large slope of ice swooping from Todoroki's window to the ground. 

"Todoroki!" He shouted, hoping for any kind of response. Midoriya ran in after his homeroom teacher, eyes widening as he realised the situation. The greenette activated his quirk and bounded out the dorms to look.

Aizawa used his capture weapon to propel himself out the window, sliding down the ice slope with no hesitation. He needed to find the dual-quirk wielder. 

Suddenly, his phone started the ring loudly. He grabbed it, praying it wasn't any bad news.

"Hello?"

"It's Hound Dog. Todoroki Shoto is here, requesting counselling. He's fine." The pro barked down the line. Aizawa let his shoulders relax, breathing out a heavy sigh of relief.

"I'm coming over." He informed the other hero, before hanging up. He raced as fast as he could to the counselling building, flinging himself through the doors. Running down the corridors, he stopped abruptly when he heard Todoroki's voice. He was talking to a counsellor. 

"I don't know. I just feel like if Aizawa-Sensei hit me when I messed up it might be easier."

"Easier doesn't mean it's right." The counsellor spoke, a woman called Maisy.

"I guess. He's been so nice- but I can't help thinking he might hurt me." Todoroki lowered his head at this shameful thought.

"Is that your only fear?" Maisy asked softly, wanting to help us much as possible.

"I- I'm afraid he might hate me- I keep freaking out." Came the sorrowful answer.

"How about you accept Aizawa as a safe person in your life, who cares for and loves you?"

"I'm not sure if I can..." Todoroki trailed of with another wave of guilt threatening to drown him. 

Aizawa stood outside the room, ear pressed to the door. His heart broke over and over again, hearing Todoroki's fears brought to light.

"Okay." Maisy said gently. "How about we talk about the things that trigger you panic attacks?"

"I-" Memories flood the teen's conscious, causing him to tense. "I can't."

"Yet." Maisy adds to his sentence with a warm smile. "Come and see me every Tuesday." Todoroki nodded and snatched his bag from the floor.

"Thank you." He said, hand on the doorknob. She nodded towards him, still smiling. The teen stepped out the room, almost crashing into Aizawa and startling. 

"Hey Shoto." The pro began, softly. His dark eyes were filled with sadness.

"U-uh hello Aizawa." Todoroki stammered out, schooling his expression back into stoicism. "I'm sorry for running off like that..." He continued.

"I'm glad you decided to get help yourself." 

"Myself?"

"Hizashi and I were going to send you to a therapist in a couple of days." The teacher explained.

"O-oh I see, sorry for not asking you." The teen wouldn't make eye contact.

"I think it's best if we go home. Never mind school- it was too early."

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Todoroki wasn't going to deny he was glad to get away from his concerned classmates.

"Shoto, you keep apologising." Aizawa stated, fixing him with a level gaze.

"Y-yes?" The teen's eyes held confusion.

"You don't have to." 

"Oh okay." It was an uncertain, dubious reply but it settled the pro hero for now.

20 minutes later

The ride home had been relatively quiet, seeing as neither of the males were naturally talkative. Hizashi had opted for staying at the school, and taking a cab home later. 

Aizawa unlocked the apartment door, savouring the silence. Sometimes it was nice to have a break from his loud partner. Todoroki was the first to break the peace.

"Sorry for worrying you." He said.

"What did I say about apologising?" The pro answered hotly, letting a teasing tone enter his usual tired one.

"Uh- yeah sorry." The teen slammed a hand to his mouth, realising once again, he'd done what he'd not suppose to. Aizawa just sighed and ushered the youngest in. Once they were both safely in the warmth, he gestured for Todoroki to sit at the dining table, joining him seconds later.

"I think we should lay out some rules and consequences." He began cautiously. The teen simply nodded. 

"Okay."

"Right, first. The punishment for swearing is..." Aizawa nodded towards Todoroki for him to input his own ideas.

"No dinner?" The teen suggested innocently, oblivious to the fact is was wrong.

"We aren't going to starve you for swearing!" The pro's face was adorned in horror. Just what had the No.1 hero done to his son?!

"But-" The dual-quirk wielder looked surprised at the older's reaction.

"No buts. It's different here. The punishment for swearing will be a warning- and if repeated you'll have to was the dishes." Aizawa announced. "You can go and read a book or something, I'll make the rules."

"Okay." Came the blunt reply and Todoroki rose from his spot before disappearing into his room. Aizawa was left at the dining table, piece of paper in front of him and a pencil tapping at his chin.

15 minutes later

"Shoto. Can you come here a minute?" Aizawa called out from his place. As if is life depended on it, Todoroki sped towards the pro. "Here. Read this." The older handed the younger a sheet titled Rules and Consequences. The teen read it eagerly, keen to not upset his guardians.

Rules

No swearing. Breaking this rule will result in a warning and then washing the dishes.

No lying. Breaking this rule with result in a loss of trust.

Be honest about your emotions. Breaking this rule with result in a reproachful look from Hizashi and I.

Don't train unless you have permission. Breaking this rule will result in having to dust the apartment.

Curfew is at 10:30pm. Breaking this rule with result in a 12 hour phone ban.

No apologising more than once in a conversation. Breaking this rule will result in washing the counters after cooking.

Todoroki snorted at the last one.

"You really are serious about the not apologising thing." He chuckled.

"Yes." Aizawa deadpanned, a playful twinkle residing in his dark eyes. "And Shoto..." The teen looked up to him expectantly. "I heard what you said to the counsellor earlier."

"Oh..." Todoroki shifted uncomfortably as embarrassment filled him head to toe.

"And I want you to know Hizashi and I will never hurt you." The pro put emphasis into the last three words, meeting the teen's gaze. Todoroki flashed him a quick smile.

"Thanks."