Monoma Strikes Again

A/N: I tried to add more detail into this chapter. Tell me what you think! 

Shame and regret sizzled in Todoroki's stomach as he trembled on the edge of the bed. Just the memory of him shouting at the people who'd saved him threatened to bring tears to his eyes. After all they'd done for him... he rewarded them by shouting? God, he felt just like Endeavor.

New resolution flooded throughout his mind and he pushed himself to the door, pausing momentarily. Going out there, he was basically offering himself to be hit; although, he reminded himself, Hizashi and Aizawa would never do that. Comparing them to his father felt wrong, but it was the only point of reference he had.

Sighing to himself, he opened the door quietly, peering down the hallway. He could just make out Hizashi and Aizawa's heads on the other side of the maroon sofa, apparently watching some TV show. His walk to them was executed with minimum noise, practically silent guessing by the way Hizashi jumped when Todoroki rounded the sofa.

"Aizawa-Sensei, Yamada-Sensei, I would like to apologise." The teen announced, tone guarded and stoic.

"We forgive you." Aizawa replied. He smiled and opened his arms for a hug. Initiating physical contact had never been one of Todoroki's favourite things to do, but right now he couldn't stop himself from falling into those open arms.

"Y'know you can call me Hizashi." Named blonde said, running a hand up Todoroki's arm. "Or Dad."

"Maybe when I'm more comfortable." Todoroki murmured into Aizawa's dark shirt.

"Of course! I'll look forward to it." Hizashi smiled. "I'll just go make dinner-"

"No." Aizawa glared at his spouse.

"Shouta~ I won't make a mess this time!" Hizashi whined, green eyes wide and pleading.

"You always say that." Aizawa retorted.

"Look, you stay here with Shoto. I'll be just fine." Hizashi insisted, turning on his heel and marching into the kitchen.

"He won't be." Todoroki whispered into Aizawa's shoulder, earning a snort from the older male.

"You seem very tired today." Aizawa mused out loud.

"It's just been... stressful." Todoroki explained quietly.

"You wanna talk about it?" The underground pro tried to keep the hopefulness out of his tone.

"I just want to forget about it, even for a few hours." Todoroki yawned, wriggling out of Aizawa's hold and flopping onto the sofa next to him.

"Okay. That's okay." Aizawa lifted a hand to run through Todoroki's hair, but the teen flinched back. Guilt churned in the pro's stomach, but he avoided mentioning it.

"Got any homework?" He asked instead.

"...Shit." Todoroki cursed, jumping up.

"Language! That's the warning; swear again and you're washing the dishes." Aizawa announced.

"Oh sorry." Todoroki replied automatically.

"And you already used up your apology for this conversation." Aizawa added.

"Oh um, I just need to do maths homework now." Todoroki informed him.

"When is it due?" Aizawa asked with a long sigh.

"... tomorrow." Todoroki answered, twisting his hands together.

"I'm sure Ectoplasm will let you off. Come here." Aizawa reasoned, watching sadly as Todoroki's heterochromic eyes widened.