Down in Ice

~3rd POV~

Todoroki couldn't breathe. This couldn't be happening. His mother... he couldn't loose her. 

"SHOTO!" Aizawa yelled, but the teen was already through the smouldering entrance of the hospital. Hizashi grasped the underground pro around the waist, preventing him from following.

"Shota..." He whispered into the raven hair. "You can't..."

Aizawa was never one for showing much emotion, but his eyes were watering and he had to bite his lip to stop it quivering. Hizashi tried to turn him away but he wasn't having it. 

CREAAAAAAAKKKKKKK

The flaming building was on the edge of collapse, windows shattered and beams crashed down. 

"SHOTO!" Neither adults could contain their anguished cries anymore. "Shoto...no...."

Glistening ice engulfed the structure, stabilising it's shuddering and extinguishing the flames completely. Hizashi could only gasp when Todoroki came out the smoke, tendrils of frost spiralling over his cheek and a white-haired woman clasped in his arms.  

Aizawa couldn't take it anymore. He raced to Todoroki, eyes a threatening crimson. 

"NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!" He shouted, although he couldn't deny he was incredibly proud. 

"Shoto." The white-haired room, Todoroki Rei, clutched to her son's shirt eyes watering with pride. "I saw the news; I'm so glad you're safe." Todoroki smiled down at her, handing her off to a paramedic gently.

"I'm glad you are too." The teen murmured.

"Shoto!" Aizawa snapped and the named turned to face him.

"Hm?"

"What were you thinking?" The pro demanded.

"That I needed to step up and be a hero."