Slightly Selfish

The sunlight woke me up.  I moaned.

 "Beam ... wake up"  Forth's Mae voice woke me up.  I tried to open my eyes.

 "Happy Birthday beam" she gently stroked my hair.  I tried to open my eyes. Because of Forth, I couldn't sleep all night.

 "Thanks Mae ... ehm ..." I tried to resist the temptation to continue my sleep.

 "Your mother called, you should call her back" she said while leaving me sitting on the edge of the bed.  I saw Forth was not in the room. She might have gone to fetch Apple. I decided to take a shower. I looked at myself who looked like a zombie.  My skin has become pale and now growing pale, not to mention the black ring under my eyes. I grew annoyed. Nothing I can do. So I decided to go downstairs.  I heard laughter from below.

 Everyone had gathered except for Forth.

 "Hey Birthday boy" Phi Ice looked at me and smiled.

 "Morning phi phi ..." I sat next to Phi Ice and lay my head on the dining table.

 "Can't sleep nong? What did Forth do to you?"  teased Phi Jenny. I'm not in the mood to serve his jokes.  But I can not do anything. I could only surrender when Phi Jenny and Phi Ice started attacking me with their jokes.  I will never win from these two twin creatures.

 "Forth and Beam?"  Phi Mark asked curiously.

 "Secret" Phi Jenny said to him and Phi Mark only hissed in annoyance made Phi Jenny laugh.

 "For you," said Forth's Mae, she handed me a cup cake with a decoration of my face and number 20. I'm glad they didn't buy me a big birthday cake.

 "Happy birthday beam ... we'll have a party tonight so you don't go too long in Maesa" Forth's father patted my head and sat in front of me.  I smile at him.

 "Thank you, pho," I clenched my hands and bent my body.

 I honestly don't want to go to Maesa.

 "You started the party without us?"  Forth's voice makes my heart beat abysmally.  I'm not ready to face him and Apple all day. I bit my lips.  How to escape from Maesa. Phi Ice looked at me worried. I tried to give my smile to him.

 Apple stood awkwardly and greeted everyone. 

Forth's Mae hugged Apple and told her to join for breakfast.

 "I didn't know you had a birthday beam, sorry I didn't bring a present for you," she said.

 "It's okay ... I never celebrates birthdays so ... um ... no problem," I said.  Everyone looked at me. Phi Ice pats my head for some reason.  

 "Ah ... eat fast, don't you have to be at Maesa at 10" Forth's Mae turned our attention.  I wish I could just stay home and sleep. But I know I can't avoid it.

 *******

 This time Phi Mark joined us.  Phi Mark drove with Phi Jenny sitting next to him.  Apple and Forth sat in the middle while Phi Ice and I sat in the back.  I keep yawning.  

 "Nong Beam ~ Go to sleep" Phi Ice offered his lap.  I smiled and shook my head.  

 "Calm down, I will not do anything to you nong" He said.  I laughed, but then I took a small pillow beside me, put it on Phi Ice's lap and slept.  It took an hour to get to Maesa. So I didn't reject the offer. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

 I woke up when I felt someone exhaling in my ears.  Phi Ice laughed when I opened my eyes.

 "Finally Sleeping Beauty woke up too," he said.  I saw everyone getting out of the car.