Change

Beam POV

 I sat with my mother watching the series.  Forth is busy with SOTUS activities that never end.  Awkward. My mother and I rarely gather together. SHe is more abroad.  For some reason it's easier to talk to her on the phone than to talk directly like this.  We were silent while watching the drama.

 "What are you going to do tomorrow?"  my mother finally asked. I'm just speechless.  Think about what I'm doing tomorrow.

 "Um ... Go with Forth," I said.  My mother looked at me annoyed.

 "Don't you have another life besides Forth?"  She asked. I looked at him in surprise 

 "he's Beam's boyfriend so um ... Yeah ... Beam doesn't have any other life besides h and going to college," I replied.  

 "Argh ..." my mother looked at me frustrated

 "Do something ... Hobbies ..." she asked.  I looked at the television

 "This," I replied.  While pointing at the television.

 My mother looked at me confused

 "Watching drama" I answered 

(But it's mine hobby too if I wasn't reading or writing or working I would be watching kdrama 😅)

 She hit my head hard 

 "Are there any useful Hobbies?"  She asked

 I'm speechless

 "Learn" I replied.  

 My mother rolled her eyes and gave up

 "Go tomorrow with Mae," he said.  I paused and looked at him "Forth?"  I asked 

 She looked at me annoyed "with Forth. Kit and Phana" she said.  

 I smiled "Okay" I replied

 My mother shook her head and looked at the television.  Our conversation ends there.

 ****

 I drove the car, my mother sat in the passenger seat and Forth sat in the back while playing games on his cellphone.  My mother invited us to eat at a fancy restaurant. Usually this Saturday night people have to order food at the restaurant.  Which in my opinion is too much. I prefer to eat sushi in front of the campus. But my mother insisted on eating at this restaurant.  She even wore a sleeveless dress and forced me and Forth to wear shirts. Thank God she still allowed us to wear jeans.

 "Mae ... Are you inviting Uncle Sharp?"  I asked when I parked car 

 My mother looked at me nervously

 "Sharp ... How do you know?"  She asked

 I looked at her suspiciously.

 "Uncle always picks me up and takes me to the airport all the time, so I remember the car" I pointed to the silver colored SUV lying in the parking lot in front of this restaurant.  

 She smiled awkwardly, took off her belt and walked out

 "Mae is hungry," she said before coming out.

 I looked at Forth.  He only shrugged his shoulders.  I sighed. It's useless hoping for the insensitive Forth.  Forth got out of the car but I still looked at Uncle Sharp's car.  

 "Babe ..." he knocked on my car window.  I sighed and walked to the restaurant with him.  I saw my mother was standing at the door. We enter together.  I saw Uncle Sharp dress up neatly. With a shirt and tie. He looks like someone else.  Usually he only wears short-sleeved shirts, which show his arm muscles, and baseball caps.